nolimitphil
nolimitphil
6/19/21 3:51 p.m.

If any there's still any NR2003 loyalists out there, you may be interested in the No Limit Racing League. We're looking for quality drivers.

Pros:
• NR2003 is free to download (abandonware)
• Low PC hardware requirements
• Active modding community
• Our league is well organized

Cons:
• Game installation and optimization may require some patience/modding (i.e., possibly some visits to youtube for tutorials)

League requirements:
• Wheel/pedal (i.e. no keyboard or controller gamers)

Promo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xMn1j7G77E

Official website:
https://nolimitracingleague.com/

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
6/20/21 6:19 p.m.

Wait. Cripto prize money?  How does that work?  

nolimitphil
nolimitphil New Reader
6/21/21 2:13 p.m.

In reply to dean1484 :

A lot of sim racing leagues rely on donations to cover their server and/or website expenses. At No Limit Racing, we're experimenting with a Patreon subscription model. Unfortunately Patreon does not allow below $1/month, so I've come up with a crypto model as a fun/unique way to discount the fee. (Given the speculative nature of crypto, it could even pay for the fee itself and some, over time.)

We use the MEE6 bot's economy feature in Discord to keep record of balances (i.e., as I.O.U.s). At the end of the season you'll be able to redeem your balance to your wallet from me (since I'm essentially the league's crypto custodian).

Might seem overly complicated, but it really isn't. =]

iborg
iborg New Reader
7/3/21 10:06 p.m.

I can't  do a league at this time but this does sound fun. I hope this is the first of several seasons. I'm curious about the different body styles. I remember at the time the Pontiac looked fast but the teams just couldn't get it to work for them. Do the different body styles race the same or does the game favor one over the others?

nolimitphil
nolimitphil New Reader
7/6/21 5:51 p.m.

The different body styles in NR2003 are cosmetic only. All four models behave identically under the cup physics engine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NGEOn6XTyYBE8BkYu3zalfiofLwR8tLslLSsCkhV7rdH6BwkPFlmhWN0TPNBMBYs