mrhappy
mrhappy HalfDork
11/11/15 5:42 p.m.

Is anyone playing the new need for speed on xbox one?

WOW Really Paul?
WOW Really Paul? MegaDork
11/11/15 7:06 p.m.

In reply to mrhappy:

Nope, because screw EA

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
11/15/15 7:15 a.m.

I bought it, mainly because I had a gift certificate to blow and this MAY be the last Need for Speed before EA decides to kill off the franchise.

This release is a mixed bag, and it really feels like EA was tightly holding the checkbook and told Ghost, "Only THIS much, and NO MORE". The game seems unfinished to me, and maybe some of this free "upcoming content" is just EA resting on its laurels and seeing just how many copies they sell before committing more time and money to it.

My advice, if you want to play and haven't bought it? A month subscription to EA Access is 5 bucks, and you can play NFS for ten hours to decide whether you need a copy. It probably won't take you much more than ten hours to beat it, and you get a discount on downloading the title if you want to permanently own it.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
3/4/16 8:55 a.m.

Last night I checked out the new update for NFS, and had a bit of fun with it.

They've added manual transmissions, more garage space, drag racing, and a '32 Ford with variants that you can customize.

My favorite new addition though has to be the Beck Customs F132.

1kris06
1kris06 Reader
3/4/16 7:06 p.m.

I didn't realize they released the update already. I might have to dig my copy out and see if its any better before I trade it in.

revrico
revrico HalfDork
6/2/16 11:21 a.m.

I just picked it up yesterday. I was double checking history before I made a thread about it, because I'm honestly not sure how I feel.

Always dark and raining. Coming from Forza 6 and Dirt Rally, the controls are difficult. And who's brilliant idea was it to LOCK the button mapping for the game?

I bought it because Hoonicorn, and I haven't come across it yet. Luckily I got it used, with a coupon, so it was only 20 bucks. I definitely wouldn't have dropped the 40 for a new one.

I really wanted to play it before I bought it, but the always online thing combined with my not so great PC specs meant downloading a "free trial" was out of the question, and that's usually a big red flag for me with videogames. I should have remembered what EA did to Sim City when the made it always online at first, and after paying 60 bucks, finding out the game was E36 M3.

I should really know better by now, EA is to (non sports) gaming what MTV is to music, a destroyer of quality who's too big to die because those who don't know any better think they are gods.

I'm actually extremely disappointed with the games available for the Xbox One in general. Moreso after mentioning that at GameStop and being told "it's backwards compatible now, get 360 games" No shiny happy person. Sold my 360 3 years ago because the games sucked, I'm not about to buy all that crap all over again for something that is supposed to be better. I didn't really even want this gen of console because no 4k support(seriously?) and they come with USELESS harddrives and insane install and update times. But Forza and the Top Gear test track lured me in. God I miss my hacked PS3. /rant

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zOGfMdSFEMWKkNz6q6d9IGBT9rKrvW2adnWYFC3fGdPi2LzG1pKbjpij82rpGVZd