BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/14/17 4:34 p.m.

License system explained... finally..

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/16/17 1:19 p.m.

More for your reference...

A suspension calculator.  I guess the best summary here is that is makes tuning a bit more like GT.  I played with it a bit, and did see an improvement, but that just may have been the driver...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54023-Project-CARS-2-Suspension-Calculator-v0-96

And a diff calculator...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52783-Magic-inside!-Need-Help-With-Differentials&p=1367069&viewfull=1#post1367069

I should point out that these were built by the Handling QA lead at SMS, so they are semi-official

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/16/17 7:29 p.m.

I took the Porsche GT3 R and worked the calculator to find optimum settings - according to the spreadsheet.  I felt that I had the car pretty well sorted and it felt pretty good.  I was a bit skeptical.

I applied the settings that the spreadsheet said that I should use and headed out to run some test laps at Sonoma.  Previously in the day I had run a 1:34.0.   The fourth lap on the new settings was a 1:33.4 and the car felt more stable over the crests.  I guess it works.  Nice tool.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/25/17 12:21 p.m.

Saw that PC2 was on sale and then even further discounted with PS plus, so I grabbed it. I'll give it a try as soon as it finishes downloading.

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/25/17 12:44 p.m.

Excellent. Come join us on Wednesday evenings.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/25/17 9:50 p.m.

Ok after a few minutes of driving the 720S with the boost turned down this is coming to me a lot quicker than GT Sport did. Going to let it finish the full install then start putting some laps in with a more sane car.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/25/17 10:05 p.m.

It takes awhile to get up to speed. Try a few cars and let us know if anything you drive seems like it would make a series. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/26/17 1:24 a.m.

As noted, it's a bit more of a simulator then a game.  I would suggest some of the older or lower powered cars, things move a bit slower.  You generally have to under drive the cars compared to something like GT Sport.  In GTS it's not that hard to drive the cars near 100%. It can be a huge challenge in PC2, especially with the high performance cars.

I drove in an online room where the where driving the Zonda roadster.  Boy was that car overpowered for the tires! Not recommended as a first test drive!!

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
12/26/17 10:34 a.m.

Anyone tried that drift Miata? I wonder if it can be non-drifted. And if there is more than 1 livery. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/26/17 12:29 p.m.

It's WILDLY overpowered, for drift purposes.  It would certainly be a challenge to race, but probably nothing like a stock Miata. I would be willing to try though.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/26/17 7:46 p.m.

So I think Clio Cup might be a fun series. Mixed field of Vintage GT A and B would be cool to see if we got enough people. That's my dumb thoughts so far.

oldrotarydriver
oldrotarydriver New Reader
12/26/17 9:37 p.m.

Finally fussed the CronusMax+Plus, my old G25 wheel, a dirt-cheap USB 2.0 hub and the PS4 Pro into something approaching usable.  I'd picked up the download version of PC2 a few days ago during the 'sale', but hadn't had time to flop down on the living room floor and try to get all of it behaving itself.  To say I was disappointed when PC2 first fired up would be an accurate assessment; one car, one track, and a lot of dimmed out selections. Two hour plus additional download / update solved that issue, but dang, they oughta warn a guy...

Sore butt, sore hip, sore face (from the grin) after over an hour trying to break 1:59 on The Glen GP Course with a Radical. 

PSN ID "Old-Rotarian"

I'm down for some Clio Cup, once I get the bugs sorted out for audio.  I'm deaf in one ear, there's two dogs in the house that LOVE to announce things, so things get a little weird.  :-)

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
12/26/17 9:43 p.m.

I will say PC2 has me looking into getting a G29 and building a platform to put it on. I've got a list of more pressing concerns ahead of that though. 

Argo1
Argo1 SuperDork
12/26/17 11:18 p.m.

We had some hammer and tongs Clio Cup races in the past with the old GT6.  I haven't tried the Clio in PC2.  We may have to mess with it tomorrow night.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
12/27/17 12:37 a.m.

I will agree that the "demo" race they give you while the game is loading is a horrible choice.  Long Beach is bad being narrow and having a lot of walls and the Mclaren is a total plow pig.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/18 10:07 p.m.

A big update has been released for PCs.  Lots of little changes, including what looks to a lot of AI adjustments.  I suspect most will make it to PS4.

scroll down to 1.4 update:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Updates-Changelog&p=1472667&viewfull=1#post1472667

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/10/18 10:17 p.m.

The Porsche update is coming soon, with a new track.  The car list, what is known currently, seems interesting, but clearly needs more 911, 914 action (list is not complete so maybe?).  The 917/10K has got to a ridiculously wild ride, but a bit of a nightmare to race (what 1200hp is not enough!?!).  I would REALLY hope they will add the original IROC 911 RSR!

Not a lot of reason to buy the expansion packs unless the league racing wants to use them (since I do mostly league races).  I will consider this one though, especially if there is a 911 or two.  The sound of the other cars alone might be worth it also, especially the 917.

Partial list?

• 1970 Porsche 917K
  • 1971 Porsche 908/03
  • 1971 Porsche 917 Long Tail
  • 1972 Porsche 917/10K
  • 1978 Porsche 935
  • 1987 Porsche 959
  • 1987 Porsche 961
  • 2003 Porsche Carrera GT
  • 2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid
BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
2/10/18 10:21 p.m.

The Porsche pack is supposed to come with a track as well. That should make it worth the investment. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/11/18 12:02 a.m.

They are guessing Kyalami or Leipzig.  Since Leipzig is a test track, it seems a bit less likely.

Daylan C
Daylan C SuperDork
2/11/18 10:23 a.m.

Here I was hoping for a 914/6 Or 924 Carrera.

I had to Google the 961 because i didn't know what it was. I want to try it and the 959 now.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
2/26/18 1:33 p.m.

Looks like it will be the Leipzig’s Porsche Experience Centre.  I am not sure if the race track is good or not, but it looks like it would be great for testing and tuning. Look, a skid pad!

https://www.gtplanet.net/looks-like-leipzigs-porsche-experience-centre-coming-project-cars-2/

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
2/28/18 9:18 a.m.

It bothers me that the game only tracks fast laps if you run them in Time Trial, and then it's worse because you can't filter down to the actual car/class you are driving.

I just bought this ($5): https://www.pocketplayground.net/rs-dash-pcars2

It should at least help me keep track of my speed and times.  Did a quick test and it seem pretty slick.  I'll know more after our race tonight.

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/5/18 8:22 a.m.

So another VERY nice feature is that your telemetry and metrics can be uploaded to a website.  This is worth the $5 to me:

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
3/6/18 10:31 a.m.

Porsches... Porsches... get'em while they're hot..

dean1484
dean1484 MegaDork
3/6/18 10:58 a.m.

So I got the season pass and yet they still seem to be trying to charge me for stuff. 

5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
pkET2MbGQz8cawNpwoYyVn2x5Cgx2ZReRieeZAfMboVr4PgofwuFaasQwXAOIcuT