1 2
poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
10/19/18 7:50 p.m.

...comes out in a week. I’m nerding out. Discuss....

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/19/18 8:15 p.m.

I'm burned out on r*. Gta is so berkeleying broken right now......

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
10/23/18 1:26 p.m.

My PS4 Pro died a few months ago during a strong thunderstorm a few months ago. 

I don't really want to drop $100+ on the power supply to see if that's it, or just wait and buy a new one.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin PowerDork
10/23/18 1:28 p.m.

My brain keeps seeing R2D2

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
10/26/18 6:33 p.m.

So far...  I’m not liking it.  Feels too much like The Walking Dead:Complete First Season to me.  I don’t buy video games for depressing story lines and to have my character make difficult choices.  And it’s making my other games on my hard drive stutter.  I’ll try a few more missions just to see if it gets better, but I think this one is gonna be “sent back” on Monday.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
10/26/18 9:09 p.m.

I got it because I got a $20 discount. So far, I don't like the camera, and fell asleep during the opening cutscenes. To be fair, I hadn't been to bed yet. I'm going to give it some time tonight.

I will say I really wish I had the One X because the graphics look pretty E36 M3 on my 4k tv through a regular Xbox One. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
10/27/18 10:07 a.m.

Chuck's horse has a mind of it's own, and likes to stand in trees.

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
10/27/18 11:12 p.m.

I never finished RDR but I am excited for RDR2. I love immersive, open world games. Sadly, the last console I bought was a PS3.

Hopefully R* will release this on PC like they did with GTAV. I'll buy it then but I'm not buying an XBONE or PS4.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin Dork
10/28/18 6:07 a.m.

This game is incredible, I wonder how long it'll be before we see something like this again.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
10/28/18 9:03 a.m.

I'd like it a lot better if it wasn't so slow. I'm pretty sure I've spent more time I cinematic mode travelling than I have actually playing so far. Admittedly, I'm doing things the hard way trying to get a few missable achievements so I don't have to do another story play through down the road, so my progress is molasses paced at the moment. I put in a long shift yesterday and I'm still not done with chapter 2 because of one quest that hasn't triggered. 

PC release is supposedly coming next year, just in time to compete with Cyberpunk 2077, which should make for some interesting review comparisons. 

I really wish my dryer hadn't E36 M3 the bed so I could upgrade to am xbox one x, I wanna see this in 4k in the worst way. 

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
10/28/18 10:19 a.m.

It really is a beautiful game. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
10/28/18 12:37 p.m.

https://wccftech.com/red-dead-redemption-2-pc-looks-more-likely/amp/

Teh suxxors is that it will probably run like butt on my 2 year old laptop with a GTX 960M. Le sigh indecision

failboat
failboat UberDork
10/29/18 2:02 p.m.

will scoop it up on PC for sure. Loved the first one and I didn't even touch any of the online content. 

May have to pop that one in again my kid might like it with all the horses and such. 

stanger_missle
stanger_missle SuperDork
10/29/18 8:38 p.m.

I'm so damn excited for this game laugh

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/2/18 11:01 a.m.

Progress is being made. So many collectables and eagle eye is so utterly useless. The challenges go from "meh" to "impossible has a new definition" which is a fun break. 

Anyone have any tips for playing dominoes? 2 or 3 gambler challenges rely on them and I both suck and have no idea how to play. 

The stranger missions are spectacular, some really inventive stuff going on, and the typical R* Easter eggs and non labeled mysteries are starting to be found, they look very well worth taking down too.I

The pace has picked up a bit at least, but I'm keeping my eye out for the twists I know are coming.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/2/18 11:57 a.m.

Oh, and an actually useful post:

When you aim at or look at animals after you have studied them or killed them before, you will be able to see if it will produce a perfect pelt before you even shoot.

Just aim at the animal and look to the left of the species name, there will be 1-3 stars beside it. 3 star animals, with the right ammunition, will yield perfect pelts.

After spending far too long trying to get the legendary buck to improve my pelt drops, I found this out, and now I don't have to kill everything, I can single out the pelts I need. 

other tips

•  don't clean your guns until the condition is completely gone. Saves gun oil, and let's you try out other things in the arsenal
  • Flowers grow on trees and are easy to miss even with eagle eye. Try at night in the swamps.
  • Legendary pelts automatically go to the trapper if you die carrying them. Everything else is lost.
  • Use cinematic mode traveling through cities to avoid accidentally running over idiots.
racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
11/6/18 7:33 a.m.

Getting killed by road side gangs popping out of the brush is getting annoying as berk.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
11/6/18 8:05 a.m.

More tips:

Use dead eye to target one maybe two guys then come back out and shoot. Pop back in and tag a couple more, repeat as necessary. Works great since dead eye auto reloads for you, and you use a LOT less dead eye "juice" that way rather than trying to tag 6 guys at once.

If you are about to run into a tree just let go of the left joystick and the horse will dodge the tree.

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/28/18 12:49 p.m.

Online is starting to roll out. The character creator is hideous, makes gta look good by comparison. 

Expect GTA online with horses, but it sure is pretty. 

If you want to posse up, add me on Xbox, would be fun to play with friends. Gamer tag RevRico420

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/28/18 10:19 p.m.

Not til I get a flying horse with homing missiles. 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/29/18 5:31 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Give it 6 months. But you better start grinding money now if you hope to afford it.

Average mission pays $2-3

The bow is $125, guns get into modern real life gun store prices. 

I don't even want to guess what vehicles are going to cost.

Also, there's horse insurance. It takes several gold bars to buy. You can buy gold bars with actual dollars, or earn 0.01-0.1 gold by doing missions. If you have enough gold bars, you can get around the rank limits for weapons and CLOTHING as well. 

Seriously, it's like they took all the big berkeley you features from GTAO and gave them steroids. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/29/18 8:30 a.m.

^So sounds like no point for me then. I never finished the original because of it. 

Putting in tens of hours of grinding doesn't make the game more enjoyable. Nor does it help justify the cost of the game. 

Give me a good ~20ish hour story and gameplay. I don't want to grind out 100 hours when 75 of it is just traveling to other locations and such. It's the same reason I quit playing the Assassins Creed games after the 2nd or 3rd. 

RevRico
RevRico UberDork
11/29/18 8:53 a.m.

In reply to z31maniac :

The single player/story mode is one of the best I've ever played. Better than a lot of movies I've seen the past several years as well. That alone was worth it to me, despite the hours of cinematic camera mode traveling back and forth across the map. I spent 120 hours getting to 100% between the story, the side missions, and the challenges, and there is still stuff for me to do if and when I go back to it. I'd say the story mode cut scenes alone pushed 20 hours, they crammed a ton of character development into them. I can totally understand if you don't want to sit through that though, because it's a long long time and hard to take in only playing a few hours every now and then. 

It's emotional, the character relationships and development are top notch, a vast array of stuff to do and little nuanced details that people will be discovering for years to come. Some parts are actually a little to realistic because I find myself disliking characters because of how much they remind me of people I know, and hate, in real life. 

I can't recommend the single player enough. 

The online mode might as well be a free to play mobile game. Especially now that is has the dual currency system. Knowing rockstars track record of price inflation, wage slashing, and encouraging griefing, I'm getting my achievements and never logging back in until I get my delorean and back to the future add on. 

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
11/29/18 9:46 a.m.

120 hours of gameplay? 20 hours of cut scenes? Yikes. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/29/18 12:00 p.m.

Maybe I'll buy it if it goes on sale. At least im. Ioaded in gta and can buy whatever . I'm not grinding E36 M3 shoveling missions to afford a damn saddle. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AN9oa9etpW3wR6M8Y6UzqnoiWsPE8b0E6DoN5QY9KtDAIf2LOWmAFqpejNxr97wx