Klayfish
Klayfish PowerDork
4/7/18 3:06 p.m.

My boys are looking to get a racing set up for their Xbox One.  I'm not a handyman, I have no interest (or skills) to build one myself, so I need to get something out of the box.  Will this work?

Racing seat set up

If not, give me a budget idea I can use.  They plan to just do Forza...or whatever the game for Xbox is called (I'm not a gamer).  As cool as iRacing seems, I just simply can't take it that seriously, so I'd rather them not dive into that stuff.  Just want to get them set up with a wheel, pedals and a shifter to have some fun.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
4/7/18 3:10 p.m.

That looks really good for the price. It's about what a homebrew would look like. 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
4/9/18 11:41 a.m.

I would try something like that if I ruled out building something myself. I made mine out of leftover wood scraps I had in the garage. It is functional and does what I need. That one looks like it would be pretty good for the money Realize that it will take up a decent amount of space. Do they have a dedicated space to keep it?

RyanW
RyanW New Reader
4/10/18 7:14 p.m.

Make sure the pedal box slides, or you make have to get handy.  Mine was pretty similar, and the reach for the pedals was obsurd.  Yes, I'm short, but even for my 6' friends it was excessive.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qLDv0KEIFhl0Jgq0mEvcWtfUagdwVxMXNQKDqEfcsld8X5FbSmmVjd71iflUvuQl