alan kakovich
alan kakovich
5/26/20 7:24 p.m.

I doubt that Steve McQueen would have made a movie called "I LeMans" or "Sim Bullit".

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/26/20 10:09 p.m.

If I had the kind of money he had, I wouldn't sim race either, but since I don't, I enjoy sim racing and watching sim racing. 

I watched some real race drivers run F1 cars at Monaco on ESPN and it was a bit silly because damage was off, but actual sim racing by actual sim racers can be entertaining. Maybe not Steve McQueen cool, but still fun to watch imho. 

Exhibit A:

BradLTL
BradLTL SuperDork
5/27/20 8:17 a.m.

This feels like flame bait. Person signs up to a specific forum, posts 1 time to say they don't like the thing the forum is about. 

Maniac0301
Maniac0301 Reader
5/27/20 8:51 a.m.

In reply to BradLTL :

Its so odd.   Did he sign up to GRM just to go into a random minor subforum and troll?    Its the weirdest thing.   Anyway thank you Alan for adding nothing you've done a good job of it I'm sure you've had years of experience.

enginenerd
enginenerd Reader
5/27/20 9:02 a.m.
BradLTL said:

This feels like flame bait. Person signs up to a specific forum, posts 1 time to say they don't like the thing the forum is about. 

Yeah, just trolling looking for a reaction. 

I guess I don't understand why people are so offended by the existence of sim racing. Sure, I prefer racing my car but when I can't because of scheduling, COVID, budget, repairs needed, etc. sim racing is a fun alternative. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/27/20 9:11 a.m.

He"s probably just getting his post count up so he can start IM bombing everyone about his new penis pill.

I saw the Monaco race, and the race in Turkey after it.  It was a bit silly as noted, but pretty entertaining and both had a good amount of strategy.  The first was mostly tires, but in the second they were trying  figuring out how to game the cut / penalty system, and that turned out to decide the winner on the last lap.

I will say (BTW, not a NASCAR fan in general) I found it more interesting and entertaining than that first NASCAR race they showed.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
5/27/20 1:52 p.m.

In reply to aircooled :

The Monaco race had a mix of drivers playing it straight like it was the real deal, while others figured with no damage, they could ram others and bounce off walls to win. The non-Bottas mercedes guy was the most obvious. He basically was playing wreckfest and ended up on the podium. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9JEKBQAE4uuEQnbSO489psgtTyHkLG7oSIwCYCJwNamL6GiWM8wqWN7uxrq5Dkhe