1 2 3
MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
1/31/23 2:28 p.m.

I played BeamNG.drive the most with like 7k hours. I played it at first with a keyboard, then a Logitech G920 and h-shifter, then with the Fantec shifter and now a Thrustmaster 458 Challenge racing wheel and thrustmaster shifter.

Mike924
Mike924 HalfDork
2/2/23 8:11 a.m.

I  have put thousands of hours on rFactor.  Now I am moving over to Assetto Corsa.  

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
4/23/23 8:40 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Because this got bumped.  Here's some stuff you guys who don't play AC with us are missing out on:

After several seconds of thoughtful consideration, I think I'm going to have to give this a closer look.  I have the game on Steam and apparently played a few hours a few years ago.  I'm reinstalling it now.  Something tells me there's an absurdly steep learning curve in my future, and a lot of dumb questions in yours.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/23/23 9:42 p.m.

Join us in the AC racing league on Wednesdays.  We are very accommodating and helpful to beginners.  We have a very short time driver with us already (you two can race!).  We are driving Mazdaspeed Miatas, which are pretty easy to drive, but do tend to lock up the rear brakes under heavy trail braking, so watch out for that.

DarkMonohue
DarkMonohue Dork
4/23/23 10:36 p.m.
aircooled said:

Join us in the AC racing league on Wednesdays.  We are very accommodating and helpful to beginners.  We have a very short time driver with us already (you two can race!).  We are driving Mazdaspeed Miatas, which are pretty easy to drive, but do tend to lock up the rear brakes under heavy trail braking, so watch out for that.

Hmm. Thanks for the invite! I'm on the west coast and have a three-year-old who demands a certain amount of attention, but I'll sure chew on it...

Had to chuckle at the trail braking comment. I've been driving an AW11 for almost twenty years. Trail braking is not something I ever really learned to do. Sure learned not to, though.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
4/23/23 11:02 p.m.

There are an increasing number of west coasters... I foresee a more friendly alternative time in the future.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
4/23/23 11:04 p.m.

Oh, you will do fine then. cheeky

I am on the west coast also.  There is generally someone in the room after 5:30, we start at around 6 and we stay on until around 8pm.  You can jump in any time, but we could certainly help you before or after if needed.  There is some setup info in the first two posts of the AC thread (you will need to get on Discord also, for voice)

racerfink
racerfink UberDork
4/29/23 10:02 a.m.

It would probably be easier for me to list the games I havn't played.

As far as the most hours, it's probably between FM4, FM7, and PC2.

I did spend a lot of time on Indy 500 The Simulation back in the day. Nothing like diving into T1 at 230mph using an XY axis joystick.  I remember doing one 100% distance race, and it came down to me and Fittipaldi for the last 30 laps.  At the last stop, he must have made a slight wing adjustment, because I couldn't touch him, after being faster the whole race.  I've never been so gutted from a video game since.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jP3jgqPPOJ1NDPDnRUQ9SKF3r0md2NnpsrpVL2DpsbN8lmNpNvkWCpJMlXmJ4GbC