1 2 3
kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/3/14 12:02 p.m.

So my 12 year old has dragged me into this: http://worldoftanks.com/

Here's a synopsis for you. It's sort of like GT6 in WWII battle tanks. Start out in old, crappy tanks and work your way up. Upgrade the guns, suspension, camo, radios, fire suppression, etc, etc. Work your way up to bigger, better, faster, more powerful models. Sound familiar? Then battle it out online. Its free, unless you want to pay to accelerate your progress. There is a huge online player community, so you can pick up a couple different tanks and pretty much battle from logon until you are tired of it. (Or SWMBO says "Go to bed, you idiot") The tanks are ranked, so you don't end up playing against someone who's tank is way better than yours. It takes about 15 minutes to learn. My son's handle is Deadmeat24.

By the way, if you take the proverbial blue pill (or was it the red pill?), I'll see you back here in about 3 weeks, where you'll be muttering about how the M3 is a bullet magnet and the Russian tanks are indestructible.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo MegaDork
5/3/14 12:08 p.m.

Hah... M3.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/3/14 12:26 p.m.

FYI this M3 is not the E36 M3:

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
5/3/14 3:08 p.m.
kazoospec wrote: FYI this M3 is not the E36 M3:

That's a Grant - 37mm in the turret... 75mm on the hip... still no match for a Panzer Mk IV... or even a mk III special.

Best tank of WWII... German Panther

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/4/14 4:25 a.m.

I've been playing it on the 360 for awhile.......its quite good fun but infuriating at times.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
5/25/14 10:04 p.m.

Just started playing. I think I'm going to take a break from GTA V for a while. Nixon may join in on the fun.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/26/14 12:30 a.m.

HMU anytime, I can show everybody the ropes......I also love playing the little tanks too.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/26/14 11:32 a.m.

My favorite is the Russian T-50 with a fast firing 37mm. It's not exactly a killer, but it can travel faster than most tanks can traverse the turret, so if you can get close, you can drive circles around heavier tanks and just keep pumping shells into them. Have to imagine its infuriating to be on the receiving end.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/26/14 5:58 p.m.
yamaha wrote: HMU anytime, I can show everybody the ropes......I also love playing the little tanks too.

I'll have to sent you a friend request, somehow we're not friends on XBL.

Nixon showed me how to use the Artillery tanks last night, fun, but kind of useless when the entire platoon gets wiped out before you can get one shot out.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
5/26/14 6:52 p.m.

Screw you guys, I'm still playing GTA.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
5/26/14 8:48 p.m.

I didn't say I'm not going to play GTA, I'm just taking a break.

Maybe.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/26/14 11:11 p.m.

First game playing as arty........and my one kill was from shotgunning

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/29/14 12:47 p.m.

The Soviets are coming, the soviets are coming, to the xbox 360 version!!!!!!!!

Its about damn time.....

June 3rd "Steel Wall" update.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/29/14 8:31 p.m.

Didn't realize Xbox didn't have the Soviet tanks. They . . . are . . . awesome.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/29/14 9:15 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

Over time we got the premium ones made available.....but otherwise we've only had a few maps and British, German, and USA tanks.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
5/30/14 12:07 p.m.

In reply to yamaha:

My favorite Russian tanks are the T-50 light tank with 37mm (for reasons described above) and the T-34. I'm still working to upgrade the T-34, but its nearly as fast as most light tanks with decent armor and a serviceable gun.

Last night, I used the T-50 to go flying through the other teams lines, found one of their arty tanks, drove around behind him and then pushed him out like a hostage into the middle of a clearing. It was pretty funny because none of the rest of his team could get a shot without killing him. Eventually I got bored, shot the hostage and was immediately peppered from about 5 different locations. I'm still finding creative ways to annoy people with the T-50.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
5/30/14 12:16 p.m.

In reply to kazoospec:

xbox version also has "friendly fire" turned off.....so your trolling wouldn't work there.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/1/14 2:44 p.m.

Thanks guys, now I'll never sleep again

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
6/1/14 7:08 p.m.
nicksta43 wrote: Thanks guys, now I'll never sleep again

Unsolicited bad ideas are pretty much how we roll around here.

nicksta43
nicksta43 UltraDork
6/1/14 8:46 p.m.

I'm watching some live tournament play while I fold laundry

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/3/14 1:02 p.m.

Allegedly this is a pretty quick download guys, and after I get settled in with soviets.....I'm going to be exploring the incredible world of "Derp Guns" on some of these tanks(Think Hetzer, Pz IV, Medium2, etc)

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
6/20/14 3:54 p.m.

Special on right now . . . tank soccer with T-62's. Its awesome . . .

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/23/14 3:16 p.m.

lol

I haz derp gun on my KV-1

122mm of Soviet Derp that will take at least half health from about anything in tier 5/6......

Fobroader
Fobroader Reader
6/23/14 3:24 p.m.

I loved the derp gun on the KV-1....but I found the howitzer to be more effective especially if you have your gunner 100% trained and he can load fast. I could pump out shells fast enough to negate the lower hitting power of the 85MM F30 cannon. I bought the T150 and Im kicking myself for having sold my KV-1, loved that tank.

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
6/24/14 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Fobroader:

My friends have an answer to that reloading issue......roll a full platoon 3 deep with derp armed KV-1's. On Cliff we just roll down the "Valley of Death" 3 wide and kill everything. Last night we went down the tracks at widepark then opened up on the enemy from their base side.....one shotting a churchill 1 is an awesome thing.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wDjQS0Utqh0LE1FqpCrliIfQGpt1KYOVwAUC7ZdzISRZgozgS6VHFYUlsHVvrmcT