griffin729
griffin729 HalfDork
9/14/15 9:32 p.m.

I love the pz1c, it's one of the few tanks I've got an ace tanker in. I will agree the gun may be a bit OP, except for that reload though. It's all about knowing which fights to pick.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/15/15 5:46 a.m.

Yesterday I went in to a fight with the PZ1C against a heavies and a stug. That ended abruptly for me.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/15/15 11:31 a.m.

before I went to the tier6 vk38.01 (tier6 scout) I forced myself to get 6th sense for the commander... instead of doing it in the tier5 leopard which I really didn't enjoy I chose to do it in the pz1c and pz II G (premium they gave us a while back)... was as simple as bouncing between the two every day for a while for daily doubles.

here are two ace mastery games I got in it... one was in a tier5 playing the early scout and getting lucky with what I found lol...

https://youtu.be/g_L0tN1tjto?list=PLbHFo02zE68sQTsvJ8X6Eqd_FIXMBmF22

then we have this one in the fishbowl... top tier where yes the pz1c is def a strong tank... made worse by seal clubbing in a platoon with a buddy of mine lol.... but man it's so fun :) I need to buy it back at some point as it is one of the few low tier tanks I enjoy

https://youtu.be/i07H4SnPREE?list=PLbHFo02zE68sQTsvJ8X6Eqd_FIXMBmF22

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/15/15 7:15 p.m.

First six rounds of the day down, in four of them I die before getting a shot off (including one drowning), in one I miss the one shot I take, and in the last I get a single kill and like 16 spots.
This is supposed to be fun, yes?

Edit: THEN I forget I'm not in the ELC and spend the sixty seconds in which I was alive aiming with the steering wheel, awesome.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/16/15 11:23 p.m.

Apperently I'm so bad at this game that an ELC can drive right up to me and my crew didn't notice until he pulled the trigger.
WTF

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/17/15 5:59 a.m.

That happens. Add crew, plus camo, and a few other "let's spend money on a free game" add on's and it happens.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/17/15 4:33 p.m.

I've got a 100% crew on that tank, with the brothers in arms perk, halfway to sixth sense.
When I say right up on me I mean he stopped just before ramming me.

Today so far: two spots then explode, rammed by pz1c which immobilized me (allowing him to kill me at his leisure), followed by drowning, followed by medium tank one shot kill on me.
Lets see if I can avoid killing another controller.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/17/15 4:54 p.m.

JFYI... BiA doesn't do anything unless EVERYONE has it at 100% it's a worthless perk until that point... 6th sense is useless until the commander has it at 100%

on scouts run camo... once you get the commander to about 40% on the 2nd retrain for silver to 6th sense then back to camo for his 2nd... at earliest BiA is a 3rd perk... in some cases 4th skill (which takes a very very very very long time)... same goes for normal meds below about tier7/8 at which time things might change depending on the tank itself

I think I have it on maybe 6 or so crews with it (of over 60 tanks in my garage)... 1/2 of those came with BiA (female crew and a special crew from the berlin tanks)... it's just not that important of a skill compared to you've got the really important ones built up.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/17/15 5:18 p.m.

Just attempted to go toe to toe with a pz1c in my locust after his first shot - naturally - immobilized me.
The pz1c appears to be better in every aspect save reload time.
Something I'm missing?
Better gun, faster, actually has armor... awesome.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/17/15 5:32 p.m.

like I said before... the only tier3 that really scares me in the locust is the pz1c... in a close range battle you're toast...

the big advantage of the locust is that is a prem, you can use your higher tier multi skilled crew in it... it also is quicker, while not faster at top speed it does have that going for it, it works as a true scout IMHO... but scouting isn't something most people know how to do well... even some very good players have problems with it... it's all about controlling view range (hence my talk about camo above)

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/17/15 6:51 p.m.

If I were concerned about my stats I'd be a mess right now, been playing three hours and have something like six kills total.
Getting insta tracked every other round is the best.

locust vs pz, locust loses at anything but extreme range.

Unrelated note: for someone with my lack of skill, ELC is useless in a city map. Thinking about quitting in that case, instead of wasting my time.

The_Jed
The_Jed UberDork
9/17/15 8:10 p.m.

In reply to SnowMongoose:

Get a fully built T28 with a 100% crew then sit back in the rear echelon and snipe.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/18/15 9:15 p.m.

Had thought I was imagining it, nope.
berkeleyers with heavy tanks have on several occasions tracked me then waited until I just barely get moving again to hit me again.
Classy.

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/19/15 6:07 a.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: Had thought I was imagining it, nope. berkeleyers with heavy tanks have on several occasions tracked me then waited until I just barely get moving again to hit me again. Classy.

They may not be messing with you, a lot of heavies have a ridiculously long re-load. On the other hand, they may be messing with you.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/19/15 10:44 a.m.

Nah, it's been three times now, juuuust as soon as I start moving, they take the next shot.
Starting to think that high tier light tanks are not my best choice.
Yeah, getting one or two shot killed in the first two minutes of every round... not really 'fun'

kazoospec
kazoospec Dork
9/19/15 3:22 p.m.

Just press the:

I.e. - Russian heavies.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/19/15 7:00 p.m.

Starting to realize that I have no berkeleying clue how camo works in this game.
My understanding: if they are sitting in a bush I can't see them unless they move.
If I am sitting in a bush they can see me no matter what I do.
(Me in a light tank, with camo netting)

About right?

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/19/15 7:23 p.m.

start with this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0znHSeDMU

really the answer is above... get the kv-1 and work from there... the elc is fun... unless it's not like you've found out.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/20/15 12:15 p.m.

Even when I do things right it doesn't seem to go well for me.
Laid an ambush, used a teammate as bait to try to kill an enemy ELC AMX with my own.
He stops to take aim, I get the reticule all the way down, take the shot.
No 'it bounced off' just zero damage.
I start to scoot, he turns and one shots me.
So much fun!

Finally got a medium tank, M7 is no match for a pz1c either, that's cool.
Maintaining the moral high ground and avoiding getting a pz1c of my own.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
9/21/15 8:14 a.m.
donalson wrote: start with this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX0znHSeDMU really the answer is above... get the kv-1 and work from there... the elc is fun... unless it's not like you've found out.

My stats have jumped since I started using the KV1. it is an awesome tank, hits like an anvil once it is upgraded. Being about 20 km/h faster is the only thing I could really ask for it. I play it like I did my Matilda and it works.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/21/15 4:30 p.m.

Just figured out that the M7 is a steaming pile of garbage.
Carry on.

EDIT: ditto for the T-46.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/21/15 4:40 p.m.

m7 is epic... but once again a high skill lvl tank

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/21/15 4:41 p.m.

In reply to donalson:

How so?
Seems fast for a medium, but the gun isn't great and it's not packing too much armor...

Unrelated note: just realized that the Pz1c is accurate even at range, so much for game balance.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
9/21/15 4:50 p.m.

it's a scout tank... not a med... it's very quick and with the little 6lber gun it can pen most shots and has insane DPM... a death of a thousand paper cuts... also with a good camo crew it has great camo.

but like I said it's a high skill cap tank... I went though it with a 3 perk crew from my pershing (didn't even bother training them to the tank so they where like a 75% crew) took me only 40 battles to get though the tank... 60% w/r and avg almost 700 dmg.... 3.55 spots a game and 1.8 tank kills a game... it's armor is it's camo and speed... same with the ELC.

they aren't easy mode tanks though... like I and others have said... kv-1, kv-1, kv-1... that is as close to ez mode as you get... helps you slow down (because you have no choice) and think about what your doing...

and for reference... my avg wn8 in the m7 was 3350... that is the top 99.99% performers in that tank...

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Dork
9/21/15 5:23 p.m.

T-46, I assume is one of those tanks designed to frustrate me enough to spend money to get past it?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
w6OAy6tir3SpJ4sZmrlgUfKw4H7lb0PiSx9zBuq9gnpjjj2MhataLJr3VNcXOjXh