6 7 8
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/6/19 6:51 p.m.

Need more people. We have ideas. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
11/14/19 1:03 a.m.

i have not been online much and still trying to get though career mode for the most part. not sure when i am home different nights from doing urber. Out driving most late nights and trying to get out more day to be home by 8pm or so. 

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
11/17/19 8:35 a.m.

The new servers are awesome. "Demolition Racing" is exactly as it sounds, mostly figure 8's and the like, and you need a "strong" car. The "Realistic Racing" servers have realistic damage on... and I have yet to finish a race in one. Want to race exclusively on tarmac? There's a server for that.

They have improved multiplayer tenfold with this update IMO. The only way it could get better is to have public custom servers, which I doubt will ever happen (but I can hope).

TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
12/4/19 3:26 p.m.

The new update is pretty neat, you can make one heck of a strong car with the new cage and bumpers. The new wheels are also a little lighter (on most cars).

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
12/18/19 6:24 a.m.
TheRX7Project
TheRX7Project HalfDork
12/26/19 8:42 a.m.

In reply to racerfink :

And custom public lobbies are here! The new cars don't trip my trigger, but the new track is pretty ridiculous.

racerfink
racerfink UltraDork
2/21/20 4:33 a.m.

Three new cars out right now.  An MR-2, a G10 van, and a Javelin.

artur1808
artur1808 HalfDork
2/28/20 6:14 a.m.

I forgot about this game (or video games in general) for a couple of months, but just picked this up with the new updates and am loving it. Personally, I'm a big fan of how they blend a relatively arcade-y game with the menus and difficulty of something like forza. 

Finally passed the 3rd series, not sure what it's called, but I suspect the game is going to get much more difficult at this point.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
3/3/20 11:47 a.m.

I love this game. I have it on both the computer and Xbox. The kids love it to especially when they can utilize the steering wheel with it. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/27/20 3:56 a.m.

Interested. I have XBox One but no wheel. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
3/27/20 5:00 a.m.

In reply to Greg Smith :

It plays just fine with a controller. 

Artur: it does get more difficult, but a few updates ago they made it considerably easier. Some of the new tracks that aren't part of career are really challenging though.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse PowerDork
3/27/20 7:53 a.m.

Yesterday I poked around the internet casually looking at used PCs that might play this game.  I'm curious...haven't played any simulations in over a decade.  But I don't know that I'm "plunk for 5 bills on a PC" curious.  

My current hardware is a joke.  Apart from my work laptop (which is off limits for gaming, for obvious reasons) I have an i3 laptop, a sort-of server PC running Linux with some really basic processor, and a PC so old it's OS is...Windows 98.  

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
3/27/20 10:58 a.m.

I am guessing it would be a lot easier and cheaper just to get a PS4.  A used setup even cheaper.

Regarding this game and a wheel.  I find it far easier on a controller.  That may be because I use a G27 with an emulator box, but the wheel makes the game less enjoyable to me play for me (its doesnt come across as realistic at all) .

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
3/29/20 2:33 p.m.

Picked it up Friday & played well into the night. Saturday, all the kids & wife played the figure 8 or mud demo derby and really enjoyed it. 6 year old daughter needs a wheel though. she doesn't really "get" steering with the stick and is rotating the entire controller like our riding mower wheel.

Any recommendations for a durable but relatively cheap wheel for the XBox One? I can troll marketplace, etc for used too. 

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
5/4/20 4:28 p.m.

New big update this past weekend for some new cars and updates on mode play. not looked into yet as i post this. watched a little bit on a video someone posted last night about it on youtube. check it out later but a the new cars look badass. The one is the big outlawed car in demo derb'ys, a 70s stang and a 80s chevy truck. Seems to be lots of Gm cars in the game over anything else which is weird.

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
5/5/20 11:57 p.m.

The new Big Rig Reverse Course Smash Everything race is fun.

They added daily and weekly challenge races and such.  Let's you earn point which can be used to buy something, not sure.  A good way to keep the game interesting though.

jde
jde HalfDork
5/6/20 5:00 p.m.
RevRico said:

Artur: it does get more difficult, but a few updates ago they made it considerably easier. Some of the new tracks that aren't part of career are really challenging though.

Ahhhh...I fired it up for the first time in 2-3 months last weekend, and I was convinced it felt more predictable and easier to control.  

ckosacranoid
ckosacranoid SuperDork
5/7/20 2:25 p.m.

played the new modes the other day and they new cars are fun and the hulk smash with rig is funny.

artur1808
artur1808 HalfDork
5/8/20 6:13 a.m.

In reply to jde :

Sounds like I'll have to give it a shot this weekend!

z31maniac
z31maniac MegaDork
5/29/20 11:58 a.m.

Downloaded this last night on the PS4. What a hoot!

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/12/20 10:56 a.m.

Is this available in hard copy format, or DL only?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/12/20 11:04 a.m.
Duke said:

Is this available in hard copy format, or DL only?

Definitely available hard copy- I almost bought it that way but it was easier to buy the deluxe and pre-load before release. 

Duke
Duke MegaDork
6/12/20 11:25 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Great, thanks.  I never bought GT Sport because my ancient wheel is not compatible with PS4 and Project CARS sucks on a controller.  This looks like it could be fun.

I wish Polyphony Digital would update Tourist Trophy.  That game played really nicely on a controller.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/12/20 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Duke :

Its a lot more fun than it should be. My biggest complaint is load times- even with a full console install it takes FOREVER to swap races, and it can get repetitive. But it's easily the best wrecking game i've ever played, and one of the better overall racing games. 

aircooled
aircooled MegaDork
6/12/20 12:31 p.m.

Here is a tip some of you can try:

I noticed the MR2'ish car seems to be popular amongst the faster online crowd (turns good).  I only had a Buggy that was souped up.  It does surprisingly well!  One big advantage you get with the Buggy is it's great off the line, it launches VERY well.  As I like to say with rear engined cars, turning is not an issue, getting it not to turn is the issue so figuring out a tune and driving style that works can take some experimentation.

It is nice to see the game seems to throw in some realistic handling dynamics.

The biggest downside of the Buggy?  It appears to be a bit more vulnerable to rollover than other cars.  Tank slappers are also an issue, but I get that with other cars also.

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UxCe5ihFFebF76PDKO5uGU90jHrKFWjvmM5gFMCFcOfEm0QYTZTLZimrmJ4egC32