1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
7/27/17 4:44 p.m.

What's the matter with you people? I come here hoping for tales of motorcycling the open road and there's NOTHING?? I haven't fired my bike in months because of life's demands and there is nothing to ease my pain? Gah! We all are too busy to ride! Somebody! Post an account of some great adventure--the endless ribbon of blacktop, the sights and smells and sounds of a life on the road. Tales of debauchery and naked women with large breasts! Somebody??!!

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
7/27/17 4:51 p.m.
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
7/27/17 6:02 p.m.

This is why I haven't been riding...

That and the over 100 degree hear index.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
7/27/17 7:36 p.m.

In reply to singleslammer:

It's been over 100 actual temp the last five days here. I still ride every day.

Gotta get a new tire Saturday or I'd go test the mods I just made to my seat. Need at least three hours in the saddle to see if it made enough of a difference. Just riding around town it doesn't feel much different.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/27/17 7:40 p.m.

Sorry. I was out riding. I'd regale you with tales of it ... but I need to go ride some more.

Here though... from earlier this month in case you don't pop into the Your Adventures forum here: 3000 miles for a bowl of chowder

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
7/27/17 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Huckleberry:

Wow! That was pretty amazing.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/27/17 8:27 p.m.
1988RedT2 wrote: In reply to Huckleberry: Wow! That was pretty amazing.

It was a really hare-brained plan concocted in a five minute conversation in early June that worked out very well if I do say so myself. I am supposed to go up to the finger lakes rally with Mike next month so I might slide "Icefields Parkway" into the narrative and see if I get similar results

Dr Ribs Revere
Dr Ribs Revere Reader
7/27/17 10:57 p.m.

Likewise, simply been enjoying riding the bike as often as possible.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
7/28/17 10:46 p.m.

I'm taking my MSF course next Fri/Sat/Sun!

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
7/28/17 11:45 p.m.

The other day I was helping fix a beat up late 90s CR125R and rode it around the yard in 1st gear trying to figure out what was wrong with it (it supposedly "doesn't run right"), felt fine to me but I don't know competition 2 stroke dirt bikes that well and didn't have the room or safety equipment to feel good about bringing it up into the powerband. Based on the compression test going well and the front of the motor being covered in oil from the exhaust port I'm guessing once we get some fresh fuel in it and not me goes and beats the crap out of it for a while the problem will end up being operator error. From what I was told the kid that bought it probably just doesn't know what he bought and how it probably likes to be upshifted somewhere around 10,000 rpm.

That's all I have, I think that's the first time I've been on a motorcycle since high school.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
7/29/17 1:30 a.m.

Big Stella is on the lift for her 10,000km service.

Found leaking fork seals and a weeping oil cooler while I was at it so I'm waiting for parts.

Going to add grease zerks to the rear suspension and delete the stupid EVAP system which cases the engine to skip a beat at idle while I'm in there.

Been riding the hell out of the LeMans and Ducati though. :D

Rodan
Rodan Reader
7/29/17 5:30 p.m.

High summer is not prime riding season here in AZ...

Besides, been busy getting the cars ready for an event... I may try to get the bike out tomorrow morning before work, and before it gets HOT.

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro Dork
7/29/17 7:50 p.m.

I've ridden my bike to work a every so often, when it isn't raining. So nothing exciting there. Been either raining or rather hot here, so not much fun to ride.

Now tomorrow I am riding up into the N. GA Mountains, just to get away for the day. Looking forward to that.

Rodan
Rodan Reader
7/30/17 9:26 a.m.

Raining this morning, so no ride...

I don't mind riding in rain if I get caught in it on a trip, as I have good gear. But I'm not going out for a 'fun' ride in the rain... maybe tomorrow.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/30/17 2:43 p.m.

Just rolled over 20,000mi...on a sub-200cc bike. That's a E36 M3 load of trips around town to blast through 20k in 5 years.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
7/30/17 3:03 p.m.

Rode my old bevel drive to coffee this morning.

I'll never get tired of that sound.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory UberDork
8/1/17 12:26 p.m.

I rode my GS around the yard sitting on the battery while the engine was running on a small funnel of gas where the tank would normally be.

The girls and the wife just shook their collective heads.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
8/6/17 5:10 p.m.

Passed my MSF, get my M endorsement tomorrow morning. Yay!

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 UltimaDork
8/9/17 10:55 a.m.
m4ff3w wrote: Passed my MSF, get my M endorsement tomorrow morning. Yay!

Congrats!

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
8/10/17 7:25 p.m.

In reply to m4ff3w:

Awesome, welcome to a new money pit.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
8/10/17 7:34 p.m.

In reply to m4ff3w:

That was 4 days ago... have you been riding this whole time?

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
8/10/17 8:38 p.m.

Sadly, no. I've been on a work trip in Greenville, SC.

I did get my endorsement Monday. I'll grab the F800 next week. I'm super excited.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
8/14/17 2:11 p.m.

Picking it up Friday.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4bkzMxWH2n0ivwu8TM24DoRP4NZWlnJPhk66awrAviyZoqlktyI872RAzv3HvQ3B