frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
7/17/18 9:13 a.m.

Daughter of my fiancé had a husband walk out on her.  Signed over the house they bought  and took their SUV  filled it with his stuff and just left.  

In addition to the house she gets the debts and the Ducati.  She thinks it was new when he bought it 2 years ago. All she knows is it’s white.   And has Two mufflers. She kept calling it the monster but doesn’t know anything about it.  I take it she can’t ride on it just wants it gone.   She said he rarely road it, I gather he’s the kind of guy who buys stuff just to have it.  

I’d like to help her but it’s been decades since I last rode a motorcycle let alone purchased one. If we go to the local Ducati dealer what could it be worth retail and what would it be worth wholesale?  A range is fine.  

If I retail it how much below retail would I have to be to get it out of my garage.  The movers are coming today and she would like it out of the garage soon so she can list the house.  

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
7/17/18 9:25 a.m.

Where is it located Frenchyd?  Can you shoot me a picture?  

44Dwarf
44Dwarf UberDork
7/17/18 9:43 a.m.

retail would be in the 8-12000 range  Knowing if the frame color is red or black would help narrow the age a bit as well.  White with red is older and IMHO much nicer looking.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/17/18 10:08 a.m.

If I didn't know you, this would sound like an Internet folktale.

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
7/17/18 10:17 a.m.
44Dwarf said:

retail would be in the 8-12000 range  Knowing if the frame color is red or black would help narrow the age a bit as well.  White with red is older and IMHO much nicer looking.

I’m supposed to go over there tonight, load it in my truck and deal with it for her. I’ll know moretonight.  

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
7/17/18 10:23 a.m.
44Dwarf said:

Where is it located Frenchyd?  Can you shoot me a picture?  

I’ve figured out how to send photos via text but haven’t got to the point where I can post them.  Several people have really tried to help me but so far I haven’t been successful. I need a teenager who is patient to help me figure it out.  

Oh it’s in Cottage Grove Minnesota. 

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
7/17/18 10:25 a.m.
Appleseed said:

If I didn't know you, this would sound like an Internet folktale.

I guess her mother thought I could help since I’m into cars and motorcycles are like cars aren’t they? 

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
7/17/18 11:57 a.m.

I sent you a text.

I have a Monster now and have had 3 other monsters in the past. My wife also rides a Ducati.

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
7/17/18 1:30 p.m.

In reply to Rusnak_322 :

Oh, a monster is a model or type?   I’m clearly way over my head here.    

I Haven’t received the text yet

Rusnak_322
Rusnak_322 Dork
7/17/18 1:39 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

sorry, not a text, a PM thru the board. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
7/17/18 1:41 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Monster is a model. The come in different displacements and have been around for quite a while.

frenchyd
frenchyd SuperDork
7/18/18 6:13 a.m.

Well that was a no brainer.  Her daughter found the tittle and paperwork. He hadn’t made a payment in 3 months. And had skipped a payment whenever his commissions dropped. He still owed $13,000+ on it. 

Luckily for her it was on his credit so she’s calling the dealer today to have him come and pick it up.  

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
7/20/18 11:16 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

He sounds like a real prize.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xc6ExGpOLguIlc338hZD78tEbo9fuuVLdLnw5ltTvcXtGRENhe8xuWTfwF32IHjJ