Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
9/14/12 1:07 a.m.

I ran across this tonight while looking at Cafe Racers...not bad for 3200 bucks!

http://www.clevelandcyclewerks.com/bikes/tha-misfit-by-cleveland-cyclewerks/

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
9/14/12 1:09 a.m.

By the way this is not a canoe. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these. I can't find what motor they use...

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
9/14/12 1:12 a.m.

Oops I just figured it out, motors are a 250cc single cylinder made by a Taiwanese company called CPI Motor Company. It looks like they make many of the motors for those POS scooters etc. Not exactly reassuring.

ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
9/14/12 5:26 a.m.

Those bikes seem to be the very definition of "style over substance".

JoeyM
JoeyM UltimaDork
9/14/12 5:31 a.m.
ddavidv wrote: Those bikes seem to be the very definition of "style over substance".

Yes, but is lovely style. Those that prefer style to performance will want one. I expect that it will be big with the hipster crowd.

petegossett
petegossett UltraDork
9/14/12 5:50 a.m.

And when they're done with the bike it'll only be worth $250, so they'll also be a perfect used bike to swap a decent engine into.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
9/14/12 7:49 a.m.
petegossett wrote: And when they're done with the bike it'll only be worth $250, so they'll also be a perfect used bike to swap a decent engine into.

beat me to it. 750?

benzbaronDaryn
benzbaronDaryn Dork
9/14/12 12:51 p.m.

That thing needs something like a 500-600cc thumper engine in it.

stroker
stroker Dork
9/14/12 12:59 p.m.

Looks like a nice commuter...

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UltraDork
9/20/12 8:14 p.m.

I like it. Guess I'm a "hipster" because a $3k cafe thumper sounds appealing to me as a city bike.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy UltraDork
9/20/12 8:18 p.m.

Plus, look up the story of the guys that started the biz. They fighted to build it with American components but their potential suppliers took a dump on them, so they went to Lifan instead. They have the balls not to put "Made in USA" on it, too, unlike some other bike companies that make that claim by putting the handlebars and seat on here...

Joshua
Joshua HalfDork
9/20/12 10:19 p.m.

In reply to SlickDizzy:

I agree, it looks like they're doing alright too. 2011 revenues at 1.8 million if I remember right. I thought I read they were going to try switching to a different motor manufacturer in the future.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/20/12 10:20 p.m.

How about one of those motors?

My father owned 3 of them. Flat evil for the day.

In all seriousness we were putting Honda CR500 motors in Suzuki GS500 frames for one hell of a little street bike. Maybe there is you a thought.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
9/21/12 8:59 a.m.

In reply to Flight Service:

I've always wanted a CBX.....cool bikes.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/21/12 2:23 p.m.

In reply to Cotton:

I have ridden a few and with a little work it is the second most terrifying bike I have ever ridden.

skinny tires and lots of torque.

Cotton
Cotton Dork
9/21/12 11:06 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: In reply to Cotton: I have ridden a few and with a little work it is the second most terrifying bike I have ever ridden. skinny tires and lots of torque.

What was the first?

4eyes
4eyes Dork
9/23/12 10:59 a.m.

The new Honda Crf250 is made in Taiwan too.

I have heard nothing but good about the Lifan engines. Just sayin'

phaze1todd
phaze1todd Reader
9/23/12 11:04 a.m.

I've been really diggin on Tha Heist. At that price ride the existing motor until it dies while getting a real Honda CR250 on deck. Two stroke bobber baybe! Or bump up to 500 thumper. After beer googleing a 500 is in the works and a 50cc. Why 50? CCM will offer it as a cheaper option for people intending to swap out the motor anyway.

Flight Service
Flight Service SuperDork
9/23/12 11:19 a.m.

In reply to Cotton:

Suzuki GSXR1100R w/ homologation long stroke motor, set up for endurance racing on street tires.

Would do a power wheelie from 85 in 5th like a two stroke dirt bike would at 5 in first. I finally got the front end back down and the speedo went by 120.

Scared the E36 M3 out of me. I have been on Busa's and they are faster but the violence that thing accelerated with was just mind blowing. Not to mention you a road race chassis vs a hyperbike one.

I wanted it soooo bad.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dpxE2Bts03vByPsEJnhlrNfWU8NofBr8dOs9u5rYmAY1lYQYcZs1howZh6fNv9aB