BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim HalfDork
3/21/10 3:25 p.m.

... but I just had to have it.

Yes, I've bought another bike, a month before I move to the US...

No pictures yet apart from the ebay auction, but it's a 1981 BMW R100RS with the über-rare aftermarket Krauser 4V heads on it. The heads alone are probably worth about a third of the price of the bike, if not more.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
3/21/10 8:58 p.m.

A BMW Bike is always a good decision

stroker
stroker Reader
3/21/10 10:57 p.m.

Sounds WAY cool...

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim HalfDork
3/22/10 3:04 a.m.

Well, it's out with one BMW, in with the other. Oh, and it looks like I forgot to attach a link to the auction page, so here it is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140390728893

mistanfo
mistanfo Dork
3/22/10 4:29 p.m.

Beautiful. Now, is it old enough to import without undue taxes, fees, duties, etc?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim HalfDork
3/22/10 4:33 p.m.

It's old enough to import without major hassle. Not sure about the taxes & fees - if they accept that it was my personal vehicle and Customs thinks I've owned it long enough then I should be able to import it duty free as it's not for sale but for my own use. The wording in the documents I read is a little iffy IMHO and there is a good chance that I would have had to own it for a year before I wouldn't have to pay duty on it but you could also interpret the wording that it has to have been available to me at a place where I was resident for at least a year.

That said, if it's as good as it sounds in the ad, I might just bite the bullet and pay import duties. I mean, how bad can it be?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mZI6X3kEZt2OoS9VFDKQ08jXSdf3OhAO2c0U7HFwGZSVuD5tUiK9kP9rOA2fUiVQ