Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
8/11/19 12:40 p.m.

My old tiller. What a lovely bike, that said, the ducati is better in every measurable category aside from low speed drivability. 

Carbon
Carbon UltraDork
8/11/19 12:42 p.m.

I cannot seem to behave myself on this bike (or any other for that matter). It’s a constant internal struggle not to end up in jail. There’s something so berking intoxicating about pulling upward on that shifter without lifting off throttle gear after gear. Something about wheelieing out of 90mph corners, it’s such a savagely capabile machine, makes you feel like an absolute superhero. Also, I find it achingly pretty, every time I walk out to it, I just have to take a moment, what a privilege to have this in my life. 3k miles in and it’s been impeccably reliable too! Knock on wood!

Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado
Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado Dork
9/4/19 11:00 a.m.

Another one added to the ever growing fleet.  Missing a few odds and ends (some stuff that came with it not pictured here), but most of it can be robbed off a forlorn DT3 parts bike I have.  Price was right, though.  $0, with title.  cool

maschinenbau
maschinenbau SuperDork
9/6/19 8:26 a.m.

I've been riding my 40yo Honda to work every day for the past week and loving every bit of it!

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
9/6/19 4:47 p.m.

In reply to Carbon :

That Duc sure is gorgeous!

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
9/6/19 4:48 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Did you sort out the charging issue??

maschinenbau
maschinenbau SuperDork
9/7/19 6:54 a.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Yep, by replacing every component of the charging system. Works great now.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
11/25/19 6:33 a.m.

My parents are selling their house and began the process of sorting, throwing away and packing up 50+ years of “stuff” they’ve accumulated. While going through thousands of old pictures, mom found this one. Should be around 1972. Dad on his Honda XR175, me in the middle on my Yamaha JT-60 and my brother Joel on an Evil Kneivel electric trike.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ New Reader
11/26/19 10:25 p.m.

In reply to Ethnic Food-Wrap Aficionado :

Like smiley 

I bought a brand new DT360 for trail riding when they first came out. It wasn’t that fast compared to the detuned Suzuki TM's that a lot of my friends had but there weren’t many places they got that I couldn’t. My last street legal bike since I then had a few years off playing with rally cars and then came back to Trials.

RichardNZ
RichardNZ New Reader
11/28/19 5:55 p.m.

Yamaha TY175, 1976. Final stages of reassembly after a "Dulux Overhaul". No real changes made mechanically but removed 2kg of unwanted frame and bracketry. It's still 45lbs heavier than the two in the background though. This pic was taken in 2015, the old girl is looking a bit the worse for wear now after 4 years. I'm just negotiating the purchase of another frame and I plan to lengthen the swing arm and do some other frame mods to save more weight and make it easier to ride.

Second Classic event after the overhaul. Badly outnumbered by all the TL Hondas. Note the Kawaskai KT250 in the foreground.

In among the trees, it was a bit tight in there, good thing I had shaved 80 odd mms off the handlebars.

I hate artificial stuff but this one was quite fun.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
12/20/19 11:19 a.m.

I built up my Brother In Laws old Carbon Bikes direct bike into a single speed.  He took all the SRAM eTap stuff off of it for his Ridley Helium.

I put a square taper bottom bracket in it, with a 50/34 chainring set. Put some old wheel set on with a single cassette with a ton of spacers.  Miss matched brake set 105/RSX.  That's a Fazik saddle....

EricM
EricM SuperDork
12/20/19 11:21 a.m.

This is how I spend my winter days.   TACX Neo Smart with Zwift.

That's an old Trek 1220 frame with some Sram Force/rival crap.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/20/19 3:14 p.m.

In reply to EricM :

Cool bikes, glad to see you’re still around too!

79rex
79rex Reader
1/3/20 8:59 a.m.

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
1/21/20 5:44 a.m.

After racing an Italian Husky (Cagiva) for the last 7 years I sold it while it was still worth something, and for only a little more money was able to get a brand new 2018 YZ125. It's a decent bike and parts are inexpensive and available. I did the suspension, pipe and plastics in the first week, and will do some engine and carb work over the winter.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 SuperDork
2/9/20 7:10 p.m.
cdeforrest said:

In reply to Teh E36 M3 :

Santa Cruz Mountains. Not that far lol. 
It’s got no key and no title but it’s been in my garage for 10 years and someone else’s back yard for god knows how long before that, so I’m sure it’s out of DMV’s system - shouldn’t have any back fees.( Shouldnt!)
Engine turns by hand, Er, foot. I really haven’t done anything with it beyond looking inside the rusty tank and moving it out of my way. 
I’ll take $1000 for it, you come get it, bill of sale only. 

E36 M3.  I just found this during a bored, windy sunday.  You don't still have it, do you?

garaithon
garaithon Reader
2/16/20 9:04 p.m.

I got the garage cleaned up, and snapped a few pictures of my two wheeled collection! 

Janus Halcyon 50
Janus Halcyon 250

Honda Express

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean Reader
3/4/20 7:08 a.m.

I just picked this up for well under $100.  1970's Amen Savior Roller.  The search has begun for a CB750 donor bike.

​​​​​​​Just picked this

pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo Reader
9/30/20 5:42 p.m.

I have a couple of CB900F's in storage that were last started in 2016.  I drug them both home and got them running over the past week.  All they mainly needed was new batteries and fresh gas (I ran them dry when I parked them).  After a through check over and some fluid changes I was able to take one of them for a ride today - great to be riding again after 4+ years. 

Oddly enough it appears my mesh motorcycle jacket has shrunk in that time....

fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
10/1/20 3:06 p.m.

Rodan
Rodan Dork
10/1/20 3:35 p.m.

Took a quick 100 mile ride this morning.  It's still pretty warm by mid-day, but this morning was beautiful.  I still love this bike, even if I don't ride it enough!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
10/2/20 7:00 a.m.

Love the Janus'. 

sanyarcosean
sanyarcosean HalfDork
10/2/20 12:30 p.m.
ddavidv
ddavidv PowerDork
10/2/20 3:44 p.m.

I picked this up a few weeks ago.

YouTube video

1964 Royal Enfield Interceptor 750. Last tagged 1974. All I've done so far is stare at it. I need to order some Witworth tools.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
10/2/20 3:55 p.m.
ddavidv said:

1964 Royal Enfield Interceptor 750. Last tagged 1974. All I've done so far is stare at it. I need to order some Witworth tools.

Vintage triumph supply in MA has a little 7-10 piece kit that I have found very handy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KKoyZqLhJGvGajQboPGfVTvoDzZVSckKSEedvQBvzvHb8mR55DL4oNl7OobWhkJ4