1 2
redrabbit
redrabbit New Reader
9/12/11 7:12 p.m.

I have an HJC Fusion (Snell M95 DOT), and a Scorpion EXO-700 (Snell M2005, DOT). I have read about Snell. Find & read Hurt Report. Helmets cost about $179.00 when new.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
9/12/11 8:52 p.m.
mndsm wrote: ^ that was requirement 1 for me. Autox requires Snell, which put most of the HJC's in my size out of contention.

that depends on the sanctioning body....that's not true for some marque clubs (e.g. jaguar club) and not even for some HPDE organizations (e.g. Chin)

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke Reader
9/13/11 1:25 a.m.
JoeyM wrote:
mndsm wrote: DOT only=Dead On Tarmac.
...or not. It depends what you are doing with it

Hmmm. Well that was an enlightening read.

chaparral
chaparral Reader
9/14/11 3:37 p.m.

The new Snell M2010 standard incorporates a lot of the results from that "Blowing the Lid Off" article - they cut maximum acceptable deceleration a lot and also modified the "big crash" impacts to make them more representative of a bad street crash.

I wear a $129.99 Bell Vortex helmet and have no complaints aside from lousy visors. It's nice and cool. Bell Powersports helmets are made by Easton. I don't know how good Easton's hockey equipment is but they make a nice motorcycle helmet.

flountown
flountown Reader
9/14/11 5:34 p.m.
chaparral wrote: The new Snell M2010 standard incorporates a lot of the results from that "Blowing the Lid Off" article - they cut maximum acceptable deceleration a lot and also modified the "big crash" impacts to make them more representative of a bad street crash. I wear a $129.99 Bell Vortex helmet and have no complaints aside from lousy visors. It's nice and cool. Bell Powersports helmets are made by Easton. I don't know how good Easton's hockey equipment is but they make a nice motorcycle helmet.

Easton has one of the coolest helmet testing labs in the country. I forget where I saw it, but they had a really cool behind the scenes thing on one of the Discovery networks (Sci, History, etc.).

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WwUxn67wCIYaFwqrNjgIYO03D68aBZQ9GHRjtFSAk6FixEY8QJQ4sw7JMYEnPRwl