759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/11/17 10:10 a.m.

An add for these appeared on my browser....so I checked it out. IMHO great looking retro café scoot. What say ye hive?

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
7/11/17 10:58 a.m.

Someone here had one and I believe it wasn't a good experience.

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
7/11/17 11:01 a.m.

They have really really nicely produced commercials that were on all the time on Indian DishTV. You see them a fair bit in lower Asia.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/Oc0-Ndu_rzI

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/11/17 11:06 a.m.

Lugnut. He had a less than stellar experience. If I could find a broken one cheap enough, I'd smash a big bore 2 stroke single in there and ride it long enough to hop off of it smelling like a lawn mower.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
7/11/17 11:10 a.m.

They're not so much retro as just still made - more "new vintage" than retro. They've been making them for 50 years or so and have updated them some but still have Indian (the country) quality control. High maintenance, low performance, and very cool looking.

Nick (Bo) Comstock
Nick (Bo) Comstock MegaDork
7/11/17 11:15 a.m.
dculberson wrote: They're not so much retro as just still made - more "new vintage" than retro. They've been making them for 50 years or so and have updated them some but still have Indian (the country) quality control. High maintenance, low performance, and very cool looking.

Yep.

I do like the looks of that Cafe model they make though.

minimac
minimac SuperDork
7/11/17 4:00 p.m.

Two different guys I know bought one. Both were sold within six months of owning them.

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UltraDork
7/11/17 4:14 p.m.

Half the experience of old British bike ownership, with twice the unreliability if that is even possible.

Also parts are NLA even on the new bikes, at least if you want them in less then 6-9 months.

759NRNG
759NRNG HalfDork
7/11/17 6:15 p.m.

Sorry, I wont do this again......I still like the concept/look

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/11/17 6:20 p.m.
dculberson wrote: They're not so much retro as just still made - more "new vintage" than retro. They've been making them for 50 years or so and have updated them some but still have Indian (the country) quality control. High maintenance, low performance, and very cool looking.

I have no direct experience but I've heard the new ones have much improved quality. They did make a major upgrade to them a few years back, including among other things switching from a carburetor to fuel injection, but I'm sure they still have a ways to go before they rival Honda.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
7/11/17 7:37 p.m.

They're also unit construction now.

I know two guys who own the Continental GT and both have lots of good stuff to say.

We've got a R/E and Ural dealer in town and from what I hear, they're pretty good about warranty repair and parts supply.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltimaDork
7/15/17 5:04 p.m.

When they first starting bringing them over, the quality was horrible. I keep they have been improved, but I am sceptical.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uaQQrPCznTdF1uHqUgbFT0yuRkkMgB121y9wTfV0hGta8APpOqDss4qAmyaJJpcX