1 2 3
PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
6/14/11 1:32 p.m.

Maybe it wasn't the most rational choice I could make but who cares. I've only put about 5 miles on it so far, bringing the grand total on the odometer up to 7. It seems to do just fine in 35mph traffic, though I think 45mph zones are out of reach without modding. Acceleration isn't mind blowing but I didn't expect it to be on a 50cc scooter.

I think this is gonna be fun.

PS122
PS122 Reader
6/14/11 1:44 p.m.

I irrationally want one myself...

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
6/14/11 1:54 p.m.

The Ruckus is default cool. Like jeans. Or Ray Bans.

mndsm
mndsm SuperDork
6/14/11 2:03 p.m.

You ended up finding a dealer that was not suck?

Also- check into "GY6 engine swap" for traffic ability.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
6/14/11 2:28 p.m.

Yeah, I ended up going to a Honda dealer for one. Going to look into cheap stuff like an air filter and roller weights to start.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
6/14/11 2:35 p.m.

Cool! You'll enjoy it.

The first few mods that I made were to toss the front reflectors, drop the front turn signals down, shave the turn signal mounting tabs, narrow the rear signals and shave the license plate mount. It was fairly quick makes a huge difference.

Extending the seat frame by three inches was not so quick.

I also added a knob to the under seat compartment bolt, which is handy.

If you need a source for factory matched paint, drop me an email.

Photobucket

Photobucket

bluej
bluej Dork
6/14/11 3:12 p.m.

I just realized what the answer to my new 6 mi commmute through city streets is.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
6/14/11 3:26 p.m.

Congrats! Anything with two wheels and a motor is fun!

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/14/11 3:55 p.m.
bluej wrote: I just realized what the answer to my new 6 mi commmute through city streets is.

If your answer isn't one of these, you are asking the wrong question...

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/14/11 3:59 p.m.

I like the Ruckus a lot. Undeniably cool, and under the magic 49cc mark.

If there were no displacement concerns, I'd be hard pressed to pick between a Ruckus over a MadAss, though.

See? Chicks dig 'em. Good for an honest 55 mph, also. Similar money, but it's even harder to haul things on a MadAss.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
6/14/11 4:10 p.m.

Do they sell the Madass in the US? I agree, it's also way cool.

bluej
bluej Dork
6/14/11 4:13 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92:

gah! why'd you show me that!

now i've found these: http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/2440007074.html

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/2437760820.html

eastsidemav
eastsidemav Reader
6/14/11 5:26 p.m.

Cool scooter. I hear they've got quite the aftermarket. Umm, did you also get a fox mustang gt, too?

Capt Slow
Capt Slow Dork
6/14/11 5:57 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote:
bluej wrote: I just realized what the answer to my new 6 mi commmute through city streets is.

Those have to be kind of hard to find, I think the MB5's were only imported to the US for a year?

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
6/14/11 6:11 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

Storing the Mustang for a family member. Though I do have permission to autocross it should I feel the need.

Maroon92
Maroon92 SuperDork
6/14/11 7:10 p.m.
Capt Slow wrote:
Maroon92 wrote:
Those have to be kind of hard to find, I think the MB5's were only imported to the US for a year?

One year only. 1982. I ride one to work every single day. Love it to death. I can almost drag a knee on that beast!

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
6/14/11 7:23 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote: If there were no displacement concerns, I'd be hard pressed to pick between a Ruckus over a MadAss, though.

What do you mean?

PubBurgers wrote: Do they sell the Madass in the US? I agree, it's also way cool.

Yes. I tried to tell you about them twice in your other Ruckus post. Unlimited aftermarket.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
6/14/11 7:33 p.m.

In reply to Zomby woof:

I did see your posts, but my google skills turned up none of them locally, thought it may have been an import thing.

1988RedT2
1988RedT2 Dork
6/14/11 7:53 p.m.

Pretty sure I've seen MadAss adverts in GRM!

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
6/14/11 8:33 p.m.

This thread makes it all that much harder to ignore how badly I want a 50-something to heave in the back of the wagon to bring to rallies and away on vacation. Well played, gents.

(running to CL to look for MB5s)

Zomby woof
Zomby woof SuperDork
6/14/11 9:23 p.m.

I think your googles is broken.

BAMF
BAMF Reader
6/15/11 2:33 a.m.

Congrats on the new bike. I think you'll have a lot of fun with it. The Ruckus online community is ridiculously strong and active.

PubBurgers
PubBurgers Dork
6/15/11 6:41 a.m.

In reply to racinginc215:

Not leather but it is a 5-speed. Not perfect but reliable. It's my father's and he's pretty fond of it. If you want to PM me an offer I'll pass it along though.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
6/15/11 8:14 a.m.
PubBurgers wrote: Do they sell the Madass in the US? I agree, it's also way cool.

Yep. We have/had one in the office. It's living with Steve now, but as soon as it's registered should see a bit more activity.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2010-sachs-madass/

You can get one from the folks at Cobra Powersports/Pierspeed. They import them directly and also have a sales network with dealers locally.

akamcfly
akamcfly Reader
6/15/11 12:41 p.m.
Tom Heath wrote:
Yep. We have/had one in the office. It's living with Steve now, but as soon as it's registered should see a bit more activity. http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/2010-sachs-madass/ You can get one from the folks at Cobra Powersports/Pierspeed. They import them directly and also have a sales network with dealers locally.

damn you...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5tFFXlTMBOvYyrRfuC7Emwisc6Hjuf74KoM0obsN23T5C6vZAI1kBqlp7nuEEx1f