1 2
wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
6/5/18 2:37 p.m.

Did someone say Thumper Porn?

 

D2W
D2W HalfDork
6/8/18 12:11 p.m.

Hi, my name is Darren and I'm addicted to two wheeled single cylinder porn.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
6/8/18 12:52 p.m.

I'm feel like I've just seen porn after seeing those two bikes

Burrito
Burrito Dork
6/8/18 1:34 p.m.

I am big, big fan of the ring dingers.  Particularly Spanish built dingers of the ring.  I grew up on bikes like this, and even though they were terribly out dated by that time, they left a huge impression on me.

 

Here's my '74 Ossa Phantom.

 

My '68 Bultaco Pursang MK3.

 

And my very newly acquired '71 Bultaco Matador.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
6/8/18 1:57 p.m.

There was an Ossa / Bultaco dealer not far from my house when I was a kid.  I remember the Ossa slogan on their sign..."She's a Bear."  smiley

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
6/8/18 5:32 p.m.

I like both thumpers, and 2-strokes. Here's some pics for the heck of it.

 

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy SuperDork
6/8/18 9:45 p.m.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
7/9/18 9:31 p.m.

When I was in high school I bought a Yamaha RD400 in boxes for $30. 

Put it all back together and rode it for a couple of years.

Good times. Now that the separation is almost done thinking I want a bike again!!

When I was riding we lusted over the Suzuki RG500 Gamma, but I don’t think you folks in the US ever got them.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
7/9/18 9:54 p.m.
NGTD said:

When I was riding we lusted over the Suzuki RG500 Gamma, but I don’t think you folks in the US ever got them.

Never officially, but a few made it over the border and were titled under questionable circumstances...of course, they're old enough now that they can be imported without much of an issue. I saw one sitting in the front yard of a frat house by the University of Minnesota a couple years ago,  As an old Suzuki collector I should have stopped and inquired about it but didn't.

bigeyedfish
bigeyedfish New Reader
7/10/18 3:26 p.m.

I picked up a 1979 Suzuki TS250 last night.  It hasn't run in over a decade, so it may be an interesting journey.  This will be the first vehicle I am choosing to work on in several years.  Pretty excited to join the club.

PS - I agree that people who don't lust after RD's are not to be trusted.

pilotbraden
pilotbraden UltraDork
7/10/18 5:29 p.m.
NGTD said:

When I was in high school I bought a Yamaha RD400 in boxes for $30. 

Put it all back together and rode it for a couple of years.

Good times. Now that the separation is almost done thinking I want a bike again!!

When I was riding we lusted over the Suzuki RG500 Gamma, but I don’t think you folks in the US ever got them.

I may be able to get you another RD in a box if you really want one. I have 2 that I have not been doing anything with for a few years. I would consider finding one a good home.

Cooter
Cooter Dork
7/13/18 3:45 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy :

I'd love to find an SRX-6!

Cooter
Cooter Dork
7/13/18 3:48 p.m.

In reply to Burrito :

Just saying "Bultaco" makes me feel funny in my swimsuit area. 

Burrito
Burrito Dork
7/13/18 4:49 p.m.

In reply to Cooter :

Both of the Bultacos are gone.  Sold them both earlier this week.  I did, however, bring home the replacement just a few minutes ago.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/15/18 8:13 p.m.

In reply to pilotbraden :

While not first in line, I might take you up on the offer. I want to smell like a lawn mower so bad, I dream of dropping the CM200 lump out of the Murdercycle, and stealing the heart out of a CR250.

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
7/17/18 5:16 a.m.
pilotbraden said:
NGTD said:

When I was in high school I bought a Yamaha RD400 in boxes for $30. 

Put it all back together and rode it for a couple of years.

Good times. Now that the separation is almost done thinking I want a bike again!!

When I was riding we lusted over the Suzuki RG500 Gamma, but I don’t think you folks in the US ever got them.

I may be able to get you another RD in a box if you really want one. I have 2 that I have not been doing anything with for a few years. I would consider finding one a good home.

I'm in Ontario and you are in Michigan. We should talk!

Suprf1y
Suprf1y UltimaDork
7/17/18 6:38 a.m.

I guess I could throw this pic and story in

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
DrpKdHdSzogV2M4n7hgGeVBkwD4YCuOzI4iHOGD4CnJOgUehpJX1JlDJjaxozbb4