nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan Dork
9/18/17 12:04 a.m.
pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
9/18/17 7:12 a.m.

So the government developed these things, spend a ton of cash on them, rode them 57 miles, and are now selling them at auction for peanuts?  Gotta love our system sometimes.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/18/17 2:30 p.m.

Going for $7250 as I type.

See a need, fill a need!  Runs on whatever you find laying around the desert.

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
9/18/17 3:29 p.m.

multi fuel?  That means its a diesel?  

Talk about a stump puller!

Basil Exposition
Basil Exposition SuperDork
9/18/17 3:44 p.m.

If you read the fine print, and I don't know why I did, the odo may have turned over at least once.

dculberson
dculberson PowerDork
9/18/17 4:13 p.m.

That thing is going to be s-l-o-w. My KLR wasn't exactly a speed demon on gas. I bet it goes for crazy money. It's worth something as a curiosity or collectible, but I see no advantage to it in the real world. The Diesel Crazies are going to bid it up to $15k. If it was a gas KLR it would be worth about $2500. Paint it green and put some vinyl stickers on it and you've got a better machine.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UberDork
9/18/17 4:39 p.m.

Seriously, you can get reliable KLR650s all day long for $2-$3K.  They kept the same damn engine/chassis for like 20 years, so parts are plentiful.  I rode one to work today as a matter of fact.

Curious what powerplant that thing has in it though.

m4ff3w
m4ff3w UberDork
9/18/17 7:15 p.m.

http://www.bikeexif.com/military-motorcycle

The price will be $18,500 + tax and shipping, and there are several things that make this machine something out of the ordinary. For starters, the M1030-M2 LE 670—to give it its full name—can run on seven different fuels including diesel, biodiesel, JP8 aviation kerosene and other military fuel variants. It’s based on the already bulletproof Kawasaki KLR650, but the engine is HDT’s own: a 670cc 4-stroke, indirect injection liquid-cooled thumper.

Now this is diesel bike awesomeness:
http://www.bikeexif.com/track-t-800cdi-diesel-motorcycle

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
9/18/17 9:39 p.m.

It's cool because it's is/was publicly obtainable. The same reason some of us geek out over cop cars.

GCrites80s
GCrites80s New Reader
9/19/17 8:33 p.m.

How about those Bark Busters? And the I-didn't-know-they-could-still-get-those KL600 headlight surround?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BCdaD53wiTIJ35fkOnfoBAWQBZszJsuAMjeYO1fmrWRKRk6SKxCvwg1o6yoT41MT