1 2 3
Cotton
Cotton Reader
5/4/09 8:43 a.m.
Trans_Maro wrote:
Cotton wrote: Car Craft is getting ready to hang a turbo off a Pontiac 400....I think they are starting the build in the next issue. I can't wait for it as I have some extra Pontiac 400s. Probably an article you'll be interested in as well.
Cool.. Too bad the boys from H-O performance AND DKM performance beat them to it by about 30 years. http://www.originalho.com/TurboForce.html http://www.78ta.com/macho.htm Butler racing built a twin-turbo, injected 455 on alky to test out their new, aftermarket block. Last article I read said 1300+ hp and it was boiling the water in the brake on the dyno. Shawn

Oh I know it's been done before. I just like it that a few of the mags are still giving the old Pontiac stuff some attention. Butler has some great stuff.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn Dork
5/4/09 9:23 a.m.

Actually, from what I read the upcoming turbo Pontiac article in CC will be about one of the old H-O Performance setups.

Cotton
Cotton Reader
5/4/09 9:27 a.m.
stuart in mn wrote: Actually, from what I read the upcoming turbo Pontiac article in CC will be about one of the old H-O Performance setups.

Yep, now that you mention it that sounds right. Also, looking at one of Trans-Maro's links it looks like that kit may be coming back.

Kodiak
Kodiak
9/6/10 7:43 a.m.
914Driver wrote:
aircooled wrote:
Big 60 mph JuneBug right in the armpit! DOH !!!!
Kodiak
Kodiak New Reader
9/6/10 8:05 a.m.

There is a point to where personal preference and style clash with public safety, if this jackhammer wants to kill himself that's his business, but the simple truth of the thing is that with those bars, that high, this lugnut has very little control over that thing and in an emergency situation, him and his bike will be in small pieces all over the road, and inevitably, unless he's real lucky, there will be some other person involved. There is an element of humor that is attached to something that looks this ridiculous but the very real danger is obvious to anyone who has ridden for any length of time. Unfortunately, motorcycles have a bad name with most cagers, and the cagers carry way more votes than motorcyclists and they vote on motorcycle laws, why add to an already bad reputation by allowing some dipweed to hurt, maim, or kill someone for the sake of "personal preference."

oldopelguy
oldopelguy Dork
9/6/10 12:52 p.m.

Also, law everywhere I've lived states that the hands have to be at or below the level of the shoulders, so that guy would have to grow 5 feet or trailer the thing home.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte New Reader
9/6/10 1:11 p.m.
minimac wrote: Another Darwin Award winner. Metal working talent doesn't translate well into common sense.

It was my understanding that Indian Larry would stand up on his bikes to show their superior build quality, stability and workmanship. He was his own test pilot.

RealMiniDriver
RealMiniDriver Dork
9/6/10 2:05 p.m.
BAMF wrote:
Appleseed wrote: Chopper or bobber, no body messes with Indian Larry.
Except the asphalt.

Does anyone realise that these comments about Indian Larry were made 5 years to the day, after he died.

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte New Reader
9/6/10 3:08 p.m.

I could only think of the Neil Young song,Long May You run. I hope he has the wind in his hair.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve SuperDork
9/7/10 10:53 a.m.

I also heard that guys used to move the peanut tank way up high and move the filler neck to the top of the tank just to get a bit more fuel out of the thing. It became a style thing, but was born out of practicality.

Ape-hangers also grew out of the 70's style, and you are going to question the logic of 70's style?

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
dAIDt3RuXPSiIKx8yyy9KBE134qZEQe98x5LjZ58W8NV9peAoueN0O5wIOGI7ILq