Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/2/20 5:07 a.m.

This thread contains accepted Concours d'Cancelation entries in the Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959) - Presented by Allard Motor Works 

Comments are locked at this time.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:07 a.m.

Car: 1954 Aston Martin DB2/4 Drophead Coupe

Owner:  Michael Stone

Class:  Aston Martin 

Aston Martin DB2/4 Drophead Coupe is a right-hand drive model fitted with trafficators and turn signal lamps. The aluminum coachwork is by Mulliners of Birmingham. The car is finished in Ivory with Claret interior. It is one of 102 drophead coupes produced. Original UK license plates JRD 555. I've owned the car since 1982 when I pushed it out of a shed in Snohomish, WA. The Aston body and interior were completely restored to original specification in 2010. The VB6J "Vantage” DOHC six-cylinder engine was rebuilt in 2019. The DB2/4 is shown and driven regularly in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:09 a.m.

Car: 1957 Chevrolet Corvette

Owner: Michael & Tracie Capozzio

Proposed Class: Corvette

I am the owner of Classic Corvette Restoration's in northeast Ohio. A customer was selling this 1957 and brought the car in to prep for sale. The sale fell through and seeing as I had already prepped the car and knew what it would need going forward I purchased it. My wife and I drove it for the summer then I completely disassembled the car and did a full restoration to it. It is a 270hp 283 with dual Carter carburetors and solid lifter camshaft. It has a non original 4 speed transmission and original 3.70 positraction rear end. The car gets driven almost daily in summer months and has seen highway time through multiple states. 

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:10 a.m.

Car:         1955 Triumph TR3

Owners:  Chris and Kathy Kresser

Proposed Class:  Sports & GT 1946-1959

Details:  This sleek, low-slung TR3 was rescued after 30 years in a basement, totally disassembled. It took me six years to restore the car to factory original condition.

The car has received best of show awards at two national Triumph shows and class awards at Hilton Head and Des Moines concours. Also invited and shown at Radnor Hunt, Greenwich, Keeneland and Hemmings concours.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:10 a.m.

Car: 1956 Austin Healey 100M

Owners: Peter & Pat Davis

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)

Details: Factory built, matching number 100M.  Delivered new to a USAF officer in Japan, then returned to NY state with two more owners.  In storage from 1966-96 when the present owner purchased it from a dealer in PA, complete and authenticated by BMIHT.  Six year owner restoration and then damaged in a house fire a year later.  Second rebuild by the owner to concours level in the original colors of OEW/black with detailed attention to original specification parts and finishes, particularly in the engine compartment, interior trim and trunk.  Original 48 spoke wheels with correct Dunlop RS5 tires.  Twin 6V batteries.

Link to YouTube video: 1956 Austin Healey 100M

https://youtu.be/Up1hI_Q6PNk

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:12 a.m.

Car1954 Simca Weekend Prototype

Owner: Jeff Lane

Proposed Class: Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)

Details:

This was Brigitte Bardot’s car!

In 1954, Simca’s purchase of Ford France allowed them to enter a more expensive market. Based on a Simca Aronde chassis, the “weekend” was a two door convertible prototype. This is the actual car given to Brigitte Bardot for promotional purposes. Miss Bardot did advertising for Simca with this car and owned it for many years. The aluminum and steel body was hand made by the Coach Building Company, Facel. It carries serial number 001.

Check out our video!!

https://youtu.be/QFA0QLaNWZs

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:13 a.m.

1953 Morgan Plus 4 DHC

Russel Deveseo

Colden, NY

THIS 1953 MORGAN PLUS 4 FLAT RAD, DROP HEAD COUPE WAS HAND BUILT BY THE

MORGAN MOTOR COMPANY OF ENGLAND. THERE WERE ONLY 29 OF THIS MODEL

PRODUCED IN 1953 AND THIS IS 1 OF 9 PRODUCED WITH LEFT HAND STEERING FOR

EXPORT TO NORTH AMERICA.

IT HAS THE ORIGINAL VANGUARD / SINGLE SOLEX ENGINE AND ALL MATCHING

NUMBERS.

THE ORIGINAL DISTRIBUTER WAS USED TO PRODUCE ELECTRONIC IGNITION AND THE

ORIGINAL TWO 6 VOLT BATTERIES WERE REPLACED WITH A 12 VOLT BATTERY.

THE ORIGINAL ASH WOOD COACH FRAME DESINAGRATED, AND WAS REPLACED,

USING THE SAME KIND OF ASH WOOD SO THE CAR COULD BE SAVED. THE INTERIOR

SEATS AND TOP WERE ALSO DESTROYED AND HAD TO BE REPLACED, USING FINE

LEATHER FOR THE SEATS AND HIGH QUALITY CLOTH FOR THE TOP.

EVERY OTHER PART; ENGINE, GEAR BOX AND ALL BODY PARTS IN THE CAR ARE

ORIGINAL.

A BUFFALO, NEW YORK JUNK YARD FIND IN 1971 AND BY USING THE COMMISSION

NUMBER, RESEARCH UNCOVERED THAT THE CAR WAS RECEIVED IN THE PORT OF

NEW YORK BY FERGUS MOTORS AND SUBSEQUENTLY SHIPPED TO CAVALIER MOTORS

OF CALIFORNIA FOR RESALE. IT IS UNKNOWN HOW IT MADE ITS WAY BACK TO NEW

YORK STATE SOMETIME IN THE SIXTIES AND THEN TO A JUNK YARD IN BOXES AND

PIECES UNTIL DISCOVERED BY RUSS DEVESO OF COLDEN, NEW YORK IN 1971.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:14 a.m.

1952 Cunningham C-3 Coupe  "Swifty"

Karra L. Canum

San Jose, California

Proposed class: Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959) 

While attending college in New England in the early '80s I was invited to an afternoon fundraiser at the home of Lucie Cunningham McKinney-- the daughter of Briggs Swift Cunningham. And there I saw the most beautiful car I had ever seen!

Years later I discovered that the car was a Cunningham C-3. Designed by Michelotti, with coachbuilt body by Vignale and a Chrysler FirePower hemi V8 engine-- I sought my own C-3 for years and finally acquired this car in 2015.

Swifty is the 5th of only 19 C-3 coupes produced.  A BS Cunningham Co. factory demonstrator, VIN #5210 (Work Order #18) is recognized for its originality by Cunningham biographer Richard Harman. The car retains its original hemi V8 engine, custom Cunningham manifold and original fluid-matic transmission-- the first in a Cunningham car.

Restored between 2004 and 2007, I further refreshed the paint and interior and fitted correct custom luggage in 2017. Swifty has been toured and exhibited extensively-- including Pebble Beach, Amelia Island and the Greenwich Concours Cunningham Reunion-- and is the recipient of numerous awards.

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
11/3/20 7:15 a.m.

1956 Austin-Healey 100, BN2

Sports & GT Cars (1946-1959)

Owner:  Tim Flaherty

Alexandria, VA

Purchased in 1975 as a well used but functioning car for $1,300.00. Maintained a "rolling restoration" sorting and rebuilding most components over the next 20 years. During that time it was driven over 100,000 miles locally and to most Healey events around the country including Florida, Canada, Boston, Breckenridge, Yellowstone and most East Coast race tracks while crewing for another 100 vintage racing. Completely restored from '95 to '05 including suspension and drive train modifications well beyond M specs. Enjoyed as much as possible clocking 12,000 miles since then. Participant in the 2019 Old Town Festival of Speed and Style.

This topic is locked. No further posts are being accepted.

Our Preferred Partners
4SfowmHIaUnABAw7YOTzgZlT58np4j9aPGMfogT37wUe0iqGYjUU5ia1MSRk5a79