christobevii3
christobevii3 New Reader
4/5/18 8:47 p.m.

I bought the wireless corner scale set that was linked on facebook.  How do i setup my driveway level?  I vaguely remember coming across a method using water, buckets, and cheap vinyl floor tiles from lowes.

Any thoughts?

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
4/6/18 6:59 a.m.

Cheap laser levels are now under $20, and fit in your glovebox. I can't imagine why anyone would want to screw around with water levels for something as small as corner weighing. 

SkinnyG
SkinnyG SuperDork
4/6/18 9:32 a.m.

I used a length of square tubing with a digital level on it, and measure front-back, side-side, and diagonals, to make sure it was level.  Shimming with whatever I had that would work.

christobevii3
christobevii3 New Reader
4/15/18 9:47 p.m.

Went with an 8ft ibeam level for wood working.  I'll start playing with in a weekend or two.

Thanks

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
4/18/18 2:38 p.m.
jimbbski
jimbbski Dork
4/23/18 6:34 p.m.

When I do this I make sure the car is level side to side but I'm not going to make that big an effort to make it level front to back if the difference is less then an inch.

Of course if i'm setting up a small light car or a formula car with 4 wheel IRS then I may make that effort.  But for my race car which has a beam rear axle I just try to get close on the front to back levelness.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
x6gd1fKVP5TCgTleMHUP7uEI3DTqkigu4j27DwBXbS1zIJwPRNmPbonshVNVv8bA