nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
8/20/18 11:25 p.m.
jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
8/23/18 8:12 p.m.

Link doesn’t work. 

We just spanned the fenders on my mki fiesta with a 2x4 and used a tiedown to hold up the motor.  

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
8/24/18 8:27 a.m.

The Harbor Freight one does the job just fine. It's surprisingly sturdy and heavy. It just takes up a lot of room in the garage during the 364 days of the year when you aren't using it.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler PowerDork
8/24/18 9:28 a.m.
boxedfox said:

The Harbor Freight one does the job just fine. It's surprisingly sturdy and heavy. It just takes up a lot of room in the garage during the 364 days of the year when you aren't using it.

I've used mine on the E36, the E30, and the 944, and it does the job just fine. At the end of the day, it's a steel beam with some hooks and padded feet. It's not rocket science. This is the kind of thing where HF tools are perfect, IMO.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
9/23/18 8:28 a.m.
boxedfox said:

Whoa, you get the job done in one day! Mine has been hanging the 2.5 in my mazda5 for a few months. It’s well engineered and pretty heavy duty.

amerson
amerson New Reader
10/24/18 1:37 a.m.

I heard that the HF support bars are decent though I would replace their chains to some thick heavy-duty ones.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cLGVT6bXDRn39FTRWbdpNP9lEhLU8HizUOZwnReHMIdcxWfjbYjesaenQaoP8sGm