fastoldfart
fastoldfart Reader
10/31/17 1:06 p.m.

After replacing battery in wife’s 2010 Honda Fit,  and radio requires the security code. I have serial # and code supplied by Honda but continue to get error code when entered.  Any ideas. Thanks

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
10/31/17 3:11 p.m.

Have you owned the car since new?

Was the radio ever replaced?

The code is sometimes a label on the outside left of the glovebox. Double check that it matches what you're entering.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/2/17 6:50 p.m.

In reply to fastoldfart :

I ran into this recently on my daughter' '07. It turned out the buttons were sticky on the radio causing it to enter the incorrect code. 

TurinPrime
TurinPrime
2/27/20 10:57 p.m.

I been having this same problem and couldnt find an answer, any luck on your side?? Thinking about cleaning the buttons maybe that works

tlema
tlema
3/3/20 5:20 a.m.

- Turn your radio off.

- Turn key to the ON position. Do not start, just leave ignition in ON position.

- Press and hold the numbers 1 and 6 on your radio with one hand.

- Using your other hand, turn the radio on while keeping 1 and 6 pressed.

- Ten characters will appear on the screen, usually alphanumeric. Write down all the numbers you see.

- Email local Honda Dealership with Proof of ownership and the radio serial numbers.

noddaz
noddaz UltraDork
4/5/20 7:44 p.m.

And if you have done this too many times and the radio will not co-operate, try this.

Remove BOTH battery cables from the battery and touch them together for 10 seconds or so.  

I am told that this clears the memory from the radio.  Or find the fuse that feeds the radio memory and remove it for 10 seconds or so.  Hook the battery up properly or re-insert the fuse.

Turn the ignition on, turn the radio on and plug in your radio code.

BTW, please do not contact your local Honda dealer for the code.  Honda corporate has made it clear dealers are not supposed to give out radio or navi codes.  

Instead look in your owners manual or glove box for the code.  If that does not work go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ to retrieve your code.   Great, now I look like a "shiny, happy person" from a dealership that doesn't want to help anyone.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C56kKazrLwkpZok9XkLFfzW2FWwclVFZt15yEFrXUbdCDddn5Jfx3GTOp2tBtfxt