steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
2/9/19 11:03 p.m.

most used and probably the cheapest accessory I've bought is a period steering wheel glove - the old wrap round type. I have put a pic on my blog - see steering wheel glove post on my blog

amerson
amerson New Reader
2/13/19 12:46 a.m.

I have always put a steering cover on all my cars. I like the quality of Wheelskins.

Nugi
Nugi Reader
2/13/19 9:38 p.m.

All early 80s and earlier steering wheels seem to be made to be wrapped in these. Newer cars are just too thick already in most cases for me.

I have used deerskin and suede from the local leather shop to DIY quite a few. Turns out better than the pleather ones, and miles cheaper than the nicer leather kits if you are good with a knife and awl. Preforated leather is available if you wanna go all fancy.

There are quite a few great yt vids on it, but check out Cechaflo. His are far and away the most detailed and refined I have seen. No dialogue, all attention to detail, and demonstrative action. An amazing resource for automotive leatherworking. 

On classic cars, I love using a thicker natural color leather and letting the patina develop. Like wire wheels on a jag, it just looks right. 

steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
2/16/19 5:44 p.m.

i reckon one of the  most useful accessories I've added is a wide angle rear view mirror. Not really in period keeping but a lot safer than the original "tunnel vision"  mirror. See https://mymgbinfo.wordpress.com/2019/01/10/wide-angle-rear-view-mirror/ 

steve00136
steve00136 New Reader
3/5/19 5:37 p.m.

just put the engine back in my MGB - a one man job with the engine leveller as a lot of tilt is required to get the engine into the engine bay ....see my MGB blog for pics.

DIYKing
DIYKing New Reader
7/3/19 3:23 a.m.

Mine is a wheel handle. Not seeing people use that now but before it was a huge craze

redco2
redco2 New Reader
7/31/19 11:21 p.m.

I would have to agree. It would also be a wheel handle. I remember my grandfather would have a wooden finish on his wheel handle! 

Our Preferred Partners
46lNDOyTjl1iAIu1pCNw2Mmzx3szHeS3OQmWwFVxKEdA2HwUVB8lXW2kZleivZyH