CGLockRacer
CGLockRacer Dork
8/20/14 7:38 p.m.

So my house has dark blue plastic shutters. They're about 10 years old now and have gotten faded and chalky. I was going to try and find a close to original color and paint them. I had an idea, though. I had some Turtle Wax trim restore stuff. It worked awesome! Now they're back to almost their original color. You can't tell that they were ever faded. I have no idea how long it will last, but since I plan on selling the house in the next year or so, I will just re-apply when I put it on the market. It took me all of 30 minutes to do the 4 shutters on the front of my house. So there is your GRM DIY household tip for the day.

dculberson
dculberson UberDork
8/21/14 10:12 a.m.

Nice! My current house has gray plastic shutters and I'll be selling soon .. you see where that's headed. Thanks for the tip.

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/26/18 2:55 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

oof I don't envy the garage move.  Tell you what I'll take the MR2 away for ya'.  Scrap price right? smiley

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
12/26/18 3:05 p.m.

In reply to nutherjrfan :

HAha this was a zombie thread bumped by a since deleted canoe.. it’s old enough that it’s from when I was moving into this garage! I hope not to be moving any time soon!

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
12/26/18 4:56 p.m.

blush laugh

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CzKozg3SNJMxOutoPCrma87KWWveqtOGoBwFqmR5UZRTVcKnYu3Hy1LpOZRDl7hn