Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/11/17 4:39 p.m.

Wednesday, the 5th of July a buddy and I decided to go for some chowder in Meat Cove Nova Scotia.

I'm going to link it to the ride report on advrider - I don't expect there should be a problem with that approach since they do not accept advertising of any kind so there shouldn't be any conflict. It's just so much easier to link pics and do formatting over there.

A 3000 mile trip for a cup of chowder (advrider.com)

pkingham
pkingham Reader
7/11/17 7:40 p.m.

That was a great trip! And a bowl of chowder in such an interesting location is plenty of reason to do it. That kind of trip hasn't made it far enough up the priority list to make it a reality, yet. But this kind of write-up helps nudge it up the list. Thanks for taking the time to write it up.

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
7/11/17 8:00 p.m.

Nice write up. That chowder did look delicious.

RevRico
RevRico SuperDork
7/11/17 8:04 p.m.

That sounds like it was one hell of a ride. And beautiful too, I forget how nice places can be sometimes.

If you don't mind my asking, how impatient were you to get the award? Nice of your buddy to grab a picture for everyone to enjoy.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/11/17 8:14 p.m.

That was some tasty looking chowder.

Thanks for the link and the write up.

Are you still using the Nikon?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
7/11/17 10:16 p.m.

Hmm. Somehow I thought clam chowder runs were supposed to involve red Eldorados, Boston and cowboy hats. Forgive me.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/11/17 11:12 p.m.

In reply to RevRico:

Officially, 65 in a 45. I was in no position to argue... He was very generous. The bike easily does three digits in that space so... Yeah. No contest.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/11/17 11:15 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

Yes. The thing is half the camera my phone has but it is impervious to water, sand, vibration and outright abuse.

I love the thing. Great advise - thanks a lot.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/11/17 11:26 p.m.

In reply to EastCoastMojo:

It really was. If that place was across the street I think I would say the same. The fact that it didn't suck is almost irrelevant to the narrative but - it was some really good chowder.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
7/12/17 7:41 a.m.

I need to get out more. It's been two years since I've done something like that. Beautiful scenery up there, I need to go some day. I've only been as far as Maine.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/12/17 3:52 p.m.

In reply to T.J.:

The martime provinces are beautiful. Well worth going past Maine for. This was my first trip out that way but I'll go back to explore more.

NEALSMO
NEALSMO UberDork
7/12/17 6:36 p.m.

You are not helping my desire for an adventure bike...

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
7/12/17 8:38 p.m.
NEALSMO wrote: You are not helping my desire for an adventure bike...

The saying is true... When you go to the desert in a car you're in a car. When you go to the desert on a bike you are in the desert. You should probably go get a bike and go on all kinds of trips.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
7/16/17 4:00 p.m.

One January I turned over the Cape Cod Potato Chip bag and decided that summer I was going to tour the chip factory based on their map on the back.

That summer we drove from Chicago to Bangor, Maine and down the entire east coast for 2 weeks. Great trip.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
7/23/17 3:15 p.m.

Born and raised in Nova Scotia for the first 12 years of my life. It's definitely worth going past Maine for, especially for chowder. Or anything seafood. A beautiful place with friendly people and great food.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
7/23/17 3:20 p.m.

Oh, and nice job heading for the Cabot Trail..amazing place. There's actually a Seafood Trail "passport" that you can get to follow around the province and stop at all these awesome places to eat incredible seafood chowder.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bEbycrwm69kwBQhl0mKMbInHH0a9DHWRWu0ZxOICqbLRGLyFgKBnEcFBr3SvDhF1