MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/28/18 5:34 p.m.

Spent the day with the family at the fort Worth stockyards. Pretty cool place. If you haven't been, or if you have been but haven't taken the guided tour, I highly recommend it. Very informative with a lot of cool little facts about a lot of the old buildings. Of course I rocked the grassroots gear. 

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
1/28/18 5:41 p.m.

Interesting. I love places like that. 

I spent yesterday tearing down 300' of cattle pen fence. Half of it was made out of 26' guardrail sections. Heavy stuff. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/28/18 5:46 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Nice. Yea it was neat with the guided tour explaining all the different buildings. Also had no idea loghorns weigh up to 2200lbs. Crazy. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/29/18 11:50 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

That's more bull in one place than I've seen in the paddocks! 

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
1/29/18 12:05 p.m.

I've driven right by the Fort Worth stockyards once when I ate at Coopers BBQ. It looked like a big and interesting place, but I didn't visit the actual stockyards or take the tour.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
1/29/18 12:27 p.m.

In reply to T.J. :

You should definitely check it out. Plus they have a crushed penny machine. And magnets. So SWMBO and I were able to add to our collection

Motozy
Motozy
2/5/18 10:13 p.m.

Seems you had a great time

MazdaFace
MazdaFace HalfDork
2/10/18 6:55 a.m.

In reply to Motozy :

Definitely. Anywhere with magnets and a crushed penny machine is a win for us since we try to collect both from anywhere we visit. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S4gDovEp8unBzcHWpXQwm892t1hMHGsF06rIGTvWgjWwdWmF7ppN4cTkgQrjbptn