1 2
dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
6/23/22 11:42 a.m.

I'm nearby in Wheeling, planning to attend the vintage Grand Prix this year and try not suffer heatstroke this time. If anyone would like to pick an early Sunday morning to drive some fun roads I'm game. A couple friends of mine who I race Champcar with are also in the greater area and have fun weekend cars.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
6/25/22 5:49 p.m.

In reply to dannyp84 :

Sounds Spendid.

I am showing Sat/Sunday at the golf course for the PVGP weekend, as well as attending the countryside tour on thurs. Of race week.

If you have a pre 1983 car and are looking for some good routes to drive, then the countryside tour might work fir you.  This is my 4th year running it and its a blast!

We can try to figure out something sunday AM if you like, but you are on the other side of the city from me.

Send me a message if interested.

Greg

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
6/28/22 10:05 a.m.

In reply to slantsix :

My car is '84, though the 1st gen RX-7 started in '79, I don't know if they make that sort of exception.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
6/28/22 1:39 p.m.
dannyp84 said:

In reply to slantsix :

My car is '84, though the 1st gen RX-7 started in '79, I don't know if they make that sort of exception.

Yes they do.

Any continuation from 83 or earlier is fair.

PVGP Countryside Tour

Check the link above..

You can check with Bud.. his info is there and he recluantly let me drive with them 4 years ago.. and now I help out and was a group leader last year

Please let me know if you need anything..

Greg

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
7/6/22 11:15 a.m.

I'll be working during the countryside tour, what cars are you showing Saturday and Sunday?

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
7/6/22 12:20 p.m.

Just My '64 Dart this year at schenley park..

This one:

DSCN1814 by Hyperpack, on Flickr

Stop by and Say Hi.

Greg

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
7/23/22 3:14 p.m.

Well The '64 Dart developed some clutch and tob issuessad..

So I went to the pvgp car show with the '62 wagon..smiley

All was good until the little downdraft storm came along and rained on the parade.

dannyp84
dannyp84 Reader
7/26/22 1:49 p.m.

In reply to slantsix :

We made it Saturday and got to look around for all of 30 minutes before the storm came in, watched a very large tree branch snap off and land dangerously close to the path people were using to get out of the park. Lots of lightning, too..

RevRico
RevRico MegaDork
5/19/23 5:32 p.m.

Getting to be that time of year again. Any of you guys aren't challenge bound next weekend are welcome down at my place. Bring the family if you want.

No need for presents. 

Kid party starts at 4, adults after party probably 8 or 9. BYOB and chairs. 

45lbs (uncooked) brisket, mac n cheese, pasta salads, and who knows what else. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
teQEjczAjEaV30ZLIPdX5q8NlASLxC5Sl4aBX3lmOZVzfxB8zt5v54X31r3PiEjz