Shavarsh
Shavarsh New Reader
9/20/19 4:28 p.m.

Hello All,

I recently moved to San Diego, CA.  I'm having a hard time finding car meets in the area. After driving to a few recent events found on rallyways only to find an empty parking lot I decided you all would be a better resource. Those of you involved in the car scene here in southern CA, can you give me any pointers? 

Thanks,

Shavarsh

Stalker_LS3
Stalker_LS3 New Reader
10/1/19 2:07 p.m.

Just look on line for San Diego car shows, cars and coffee San Diego, also on facebook for San Diego car shows. 

There is something going on every weekend pretty much. Most I find quite boring but others interesting. Down town Ranch Santa Fe every Saturday is good for hi-end cars. I take my Stalker to stink up the neighborhood.......

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
10/1/19 3:10 p.m.

Your in my next of the woods.  If you see a lime green Dodge Viper ACR its me. 

On instagram 

#YOHB or #yohbross is the main one for fun events. 

Same with 6.ninteen, dichotomy runs a good show as well. 

The cars and coffe on the last sunday of the month is insane as well.  Saterday in Rancho Sante Fe is nuts as well if your into seeing street driven F40/50's and the occational Type 37 Lanica. 

Cars and Elotes is bonkers though like cops and helicopters bonkers. 

Groups to stay away from are 

sleepyboys meets and CDK those are takeover events and unless you like running from cops they are to be avoided. 

Also there is some BIG dollar street racing that goes on around here late at night so be very carefull if you are out up on the 78 or 125 on the weekends after 11:00pm

Shavarsh
Shavarsh New Reader
10/1/19 5:06 p.m.

Thanks a ton for the recommendations! I'll keep my eye out for the viper. I went to cruisin grand which was great and a couple of cars and doughnuts events around here. I'm stoked to check out the other events you mentioned!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
10/1/19 6:58 p.m.

My instagram is the same as my handle here. Just give me a DM and I will send you some of the good ones when they popup.

Where about in town are you. I am right on mission bay.

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
10/1/19 7:16 p.m.

In reply to wearymicrobe :

I'll be in San Diego 17-21st of this month. If you will be attending any events on those days let me know. I'll follow you on IG. 

Shavarsh
Shavarsh New Reader
10/2/19 3:09 p.m.

I'll send you a private message. No facebook/Instagram/much else right now on my end but I checked out yours. Are you the one selling a green chopper on craigslist? The add shows what looks like your viper in the back haha. I am in Clairemont, let me know if you need a set of hands for wrenching!

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
10/2/19 4:59 p.m.
Shavarsh said:

I'll send you a private message. No facebook/Instagram/much else right now on my end but I checked out yours. Are you the one selling a green chopper on craigslist? The add shows what looks like your viper in the back haha. I am in Clairemont, let me know if you need a set of hands for wrenching!

Your right up the street from me. I am in Bay Park just DM me.. Lets me up at one of the events. I have a lift and most of the toys needed for work but the garage is a little stuffed right now but always able to trow down on some wrenching.  

No green chooper for sale I like prewar stuff like flatheads though. I see pictures of my car all over the internet though so someone took a photo in front likely for their sale. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AdeLogJ8LQy4GgaWBhciz6PaMAtaso14cwVWmrTumAP3F7dVefHXlKOv2xSdEu9Q