1 2
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/12/20 7:25 p.m.

Well got the first chance to really canyon carve with it here in Denver this weekend. Totally reminded me why these are a lot of fun. It's never the quickest car especially at 7500' altitude but even with now almost 208K  miles on it, it still revs to 8K smooth as silk. 

I think long term I'll take the Advan's off and put on a set of DWS's or RE980s just so I can drive it more into the fall/spring time. There are a lot of great days here where the weather is cold but it's sunny and clear out. 

Other than that.....Not touching a thing. It's perfect as is. Just enjoying it and see if I can take it to 300K. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise SuperDork
7/12/20 7:28 p.m.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!! 

I can't imagine how it drives at that elevation - but will stay tuned to read your comments 

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
6/13/22 2:58 p.m.

So time for another adventure with this car. Over the last 2 years I DD'ed for a long time and ended up with it in Nebraska. My nephew wanted the car and I had the BRZ on order so I gave it to him. Well, he is now driving 80 miles a day and with the premium gas it's kind of eating him alive a little bit so he has a prius that he will be driving going forward. In the mean time, I got an offer I just can not in my right mind refuse on the BRZ so that leaves my possession Friday. So time to go get it back as my DD. 

So time for road trip #2 with the car. I've been in Austin for the last 5 months so I'm bringing the car down here. I have a little side trip planned for some hiking, beer drinking with friends, and attending the PPIHC in Colorado Springs. So approximately 1500 miles this time and some good times. I can't wait to get it back. Unfortunately, It got caught in a pop-up hail storm last week so I'll have to see what the damage looks like.  Since I left it with him, he got the new clutch, all of the belts, engine mounts, and CV joints replaced so it should be good to go. I hope so at least. It's a lot of nothing out there. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SEdP3yZtUn3pmLeVViDJZ7DJv5zp8C43i8HULrctCtojmOfaAQvgtaoUKdDBIX6j