Gary
Gary Dork
2/16/17 8:04 p.m.

Annie and I arrived at FLL airport yesterday, and we're staying at the Beachcomber Hotel in Pompano Beach. We had to get a break from the crappy New England weather. And it's great here. We're staying through next Tuesday. The highlight (for me anyway) is the All British Car Show put on by the fabulous Gold Coast British Sports Car Club in Boca Raton on Sunday. Meanwhile, we're enjoying the beach and the hotel's tiki bar.

Gary
Gary Dork
2/19/17 4:00 p.m.

So, Saturday evening we we went into downtown Ft. Lauderdale and had cocktails al fresco at The Riverside Hotel directly on Las Olas Blvd. Best place in town to watch the local spaccones cruise in their exotic cars. It's been said that there's at least one Ferrari, Lambo, Maserati, Lotus, McLaren, etc. per 100 residents in Ft. Lauderdale. That might be true. It was fun to be out in the evening wearing T-shirt and shorts.

Today we went to the all British car show at Royal Palm Place located on Federal Hwy. in Boca Raton. This is an annual event put on by the Gold Coast British Sports Car Club, and this was the 23rd or 24th event. I wasn't paying attention when they announced that tidbit. Great cars, but most of the participants are in their sixties, seventies, and eighties. Wait a few years and you'll be able to get a great British car cheap. Not me though, because I'm already in that age group.

Came back from the car show and jumped into the ocean. It's 85 here today.

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
2/19/17 4:07 p.m.
Gary wrote: Came back from the car show and jumped into the ocean. It's 85 here today.

Sure, rub it in!

It was actually almost 60 here today, so I can't complain too much!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xb1q9LHva9EpBsIvqCTz1ab8eOdZrU8Sq0NDo2bZg3qfBNm3vDdgqLLmszkg6Hrr