Armitage
Armitage HalfDork
5/3/17 2:25 p.m.

I recently went on a trip to Japan and while there, took a Sunday morning to trek out to see what their car meets are like. The event in question goes down at a highway rest stop on a little island in Tokyo bay. On Friday nights, the event draws a different sort of crowd than Sunday, which is a much more low-key affair.

Throughout the morning, different cars from Japanese classics to modern exotics and everything in between would roll through, stop for a bit, then head out on their way. We were also graced by a hundred or more "bosuzoku" motorcycle riders. I was only able to stay about an hour but saw some pretty interesting stuff roll through and snapped a few with my phone.

Obligatory... Image

cmcgregor
cmcgregor Dork
5/3/17 2:53 p.m.

That Cosmo is beautiful!

Lots of cool stuff in those pictures - how's the road rash on your chin from dragging it around on the ground?

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
5/7/17 11:31 a.m.

Nice!

Their car culture is so interesting. Looks like you had a great time.

Slippery
Slippery Dork
5/7/17 11:36 a.m.

Love that USDM Accord.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/8/17 7:47 p.m.

Very cool. I know that parking lot and have been there in the evening--yes, a different crowd then.

Seriously, that place has the cleanest public restrooms in the world. Also, yeah, lots of cool cars. Thanks for sharing.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/8/17 7:53 p.m.

And here are some of my pics. These are from 2010.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NVFj19lRvV7lgNwF5xDtW4nuYNwp55mvpcWQO0Gv2wMsDwcUR5lhKyLX2albgI4F