Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/12/22 1:49 a.m.
Gettingoldercarguy
Gettingoldercarguy
9/15/22 11:58 a.m.

That looks wicked.  How can I find out about these events in the future?  I just moved to Portland and am looking for a group of enthusiasts.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
9/15/22 12:49 p.m.

In reply to Gettingoldercarguy :

This particular event is put on by Audi Club Northwest. A great resource is the Facebook group Pacific NW Autocross and Road Race Fanatics

Gettingoldercarguy
Gettingoldercarguy New Reader
9/15/22 4:26 p.m.

Yikes, I don't Facebook. ☹️

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/15/22 10:25 p.m.

Welcome to Portland! I'm not a huge fan of Facebook either. I'm not sure exactly what sort of events you prefer, but here's some ideas.

This is a fun and diverse local club offering autocross events plus occasional trackcross, track days, and hillclimb events:

Bridge City Autosports

If you like road racing and/or TSD rally, Cascade is a good bet:

Cascade Sports Car Club

This is another big touring/road rally that is held annually, hosted by the Alfa club:

Monte Shelton Classic Rally

If stage rally and rallycross is more your jam, start with Oregon Rally Group:

Oregon Rally Group

There are lots of events at PIR, almost every day of the week in season; road racing, HPDE, drag racing, motocross, bicycle racing, autocross, swap meets, etc Street drags are Friday and Saturday night. Competitive drag racing is Wednesday night, and in summer also Beaches Cruise-In on Wednesday.

Portland Raceway

There's go kart racing in Canby at Pat's Acres, and at MAC track in McMinnville.

There's drifting at Pat's Acres, and at Spirit Peaks Raceway near Mt. St. Helens.

The big local Cars and Coffee is in Wilsonville on Saturday morning.

There's also SCCA, Team Continental, and Northwest Hillclimb Association for competition events.

If you like trackdays, the drive to Oregon Raceway Park is well worth the time. Awesome track! They have their own trackday club, and it also gets rented for events by other local clubs, like Bridge City Auto, BMW Club, Audi Club, Alfa Club, or whatever other marque clubs.

Oregon Raceway Park

I'm sure there's stuff going on that I'm not privy to or have forgotten about, perhaps others will chime in. Lots of two-wheeled stuff going on around these parts as well, if you are so inclined. Hope this helps.

Gettingoldercarguy
9/17/22 12:59 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

Thanks for the welcome and all the resources.  We moved here from Olympia, so not a huge stretch, bit I'm still interested in learning what's around as quick as possible.  Bridge city auto sports  looks right up my alley.

Gettingoldercarguy
9/18/22 1:51 p.m.

In reply to ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) :

Another huge thanks.  PIR is just over the hill from us and I can hear the racing going on today.  Made plans to go there next Friday/Saturday night to watch some drag racing and will hopefully go for some amateur racing soon.  I went to the Indycar race there a week or so ago and loved it.

Thanks again!

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/22/22 12:38 a.m.

You're welcome! The Indy car race was great. I lucked into epic seats and a pit pass thanks to my awesome boss!

I realized that my earlier post is dated; CnC is now at Langer's in Sherwood, not in Wilsonville.

The season is definitely winding down, but if you see a tall, not-particularly-svelte middle-aged dude with a short beard and a pearl white FR-S or a green Suzuki Cappuccino at future Bridge City Auto events, it is likely me. Please say hi.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BO9Z9LeHC77HLwkNfsGWdWIZZVUP147pXyoPRJI3c10bcc0frfJz76HgXNjyk3Yf