Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 9:04 a.m.

Thought I avoided the sickness that Carli brought home from the office then gave the kids.  They’re all better, and it claimed me yesterday.  What better than they day before i go pick up the most important part I’ve ever picked up?

plan:  hot shower, throw cargo carrier on truck hitch with a couple c4 wheels for Angrycorvair.  

Drop those off near 275 between Detroit and Ann Arbor. pick up wiring harness and money.

Immediately head to grand rapids to akylekoz house for the hood for my Devin Panhard 

South to Climax for a quick hello and pick up i think a carburetor from John Brown

east to Dexter to get Stampie’s wheels from deadskunk

southeast home.

i have dayquil and coffee.  

wawazat
wawazat Reader
2/28/19 9:40 a.m.

Nice loop Patrick!  Thanks for bringing your Ohio funk to MI!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 10:53 a.m.

Summit Motorsports park

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 12:08 p.m.

Sup 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/28/19 12:15 p.m.

Hopefully it will be better than that one time you tried to buy a chevelle.....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 12:55 p.m.

If i ever have a baby squid i’m naming it Inkster

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 1:11 p.m.

Stop 1 great success, old lady across street watched me like i was dropping off drugs 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
2/28/19 1:57 p.m.

Following your disease vector with interest! And from a safe distance.

Pete

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 3:32 p.m.

Stop 2

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/28/19 4:49 p.m.

The front of that car is such an important impossible piece. So awesome. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 5:14 p.m.

Bypassed quasi noshow in climax in favor of hitting 96 east with the cruise set around 90 because I don’t feel very good, having a sandwich at jersey giant subs in howell by the outlet mall.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 5:17 p.m.

Currently sitting at 17.4mpg, and most of the trip has been 80+.  Theres no way something that weighs 4 tons, has 800 ft lbs of torque and the aerodynamics of a house should get that at the speeds I’ve been doing

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
2/28/19 5:37 p.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 6:08 p.m.

Stampie’s wheels acquired, pointing it home and putting my foot down.  1 fuel stop left

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
2/28/19 6:15 p.m.

Southeastbound and down!  Sorry I missed you.  I just got home a minute ago.  Pretty funny about the old lady across the street.  She should know better by now.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 7:11 p.m.

Suspension bridge in toledo

chandler
chandler PowerDork
2/28/19 8:39 p.m.

The lights change on the 280 bridge, the first winter it was built the ice was falling off those cables and puncturing cars. They got that fixed right quick!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 9:10 p.m.

Yeah i like that bridge, we go over it quite a bit.

home.  11 hours 7 minutes.  I got a little more liberal with application of the give me all the torques now pedal on the way home 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/28/19 10:02 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Southeastbound and down!  Sorry I missed you.  I just got home a minute ago.  Pretty funny about the old lady across the street.  She should know better by now.  

I smiled and waved, she was having none of that.  I thought to yell over “nice babushka” but she looked like she could kick my ass

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/1/19 9:56 p.m.

This is what I ended up with.  Also 4 rims in bed as well as 2000 corvette harness/pcm/fuse block.  I really wish there was a speed camera on the way home so I could have blown by it with tires blocking my plate

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
3/1/19 10:32 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Oh, *that* little old lady.  Yeah, she’s not from here, she’s just visiting from Babushkistan.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
3/26/19 7:29 p.m.

tire rack to block speed cameras, brilliant!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FWJYr3LhSSEjdI1tMgYrRLUNGBJTTG71UxEtmEjDeAOWz46wP4dbvkokkbyJQ4x4