1 2 3
Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
9/16/18 1:37 p.m.

Home

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
9/16/18 5:02 p.m.

I made it home too, it was great meeting ya Robbie and helping out on your car. It’s just that much closer to being done.

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
9/18/18 7:53 a.m.

I'm sorry I missed it. Got called in to do a tearout for the machine show at McCormick Place, and I can't pass up that Doubletime 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
9/18/18 8:11 a.m.

In reply to Cooter :

IMTS.

I was there the first day of the show. Really cool stuff.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
9/18/18 3:47 p.m.

Great to meet you too Chuck, here are some pics for those interested:

Toe is the only factory adjustable setting on these 9-3s, so we set it. Got to between 1/16 and 1/8 inch toe out in the front. Rears measured straight.

Also, everyone needs giant boost gauges stolen from old industrial cooler manifolds, right?

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UltimaDork
9/25/18 7:02 p.m.

Hey guys, my Corvair club judges the Morris Lions Club Car Show every year. As usual, I’m probably not going to make it, but we can always use extra judges. It’s on October 14th, you get breakfast and lunch provided and also get paid $50. You get into the show for free and get VIP parking. 

There is literally 31 classes to judge and there are usually 2 people to a class. I have in the past judged more than one due to lack of judges. 

There is a judges meeting at 10am, but it’s worth coming around 8am to walk the swap meet. 

If you are interested, I will post the classes down below and PM me and I will give you my friends information so he can put you down for a judge and what class you want. 

They changed locations this year to the Grundy County Fair Grounds, because some halfwit in a Corvette left the show sideways and caused an accident, so the Lions Club was kindly uninvited from the company that owned the field. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
9/30/18 8:58 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid :

That looks like a pile of fun, alas, I will be working my way home from the challenge.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/12/18 4:09 p.m.

Last Call on judges for the Morris Car Show this Sunday. Details are above. I’m actually going to be able to go, so if you guys just want to meet up or something that’s cool. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/12/18 4:37 p.m.

I have a couple of early entry swap meet tickets for both days, but I'm not sure if I'll be working. 

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
11/14/18 6:39 a.m.

Well, I'm about to start loading up and head down to Road Atlanta for the MVP Track time event this weekend.

My only concern is stopping in Elizabethtown for the night and they're supposed to have freezing rain tonight.

We just got done getting some Wilwood 6 pots installed with some Hawk HP+ pads so I shouldn't have the same issue I did at Blackhawk Farms.

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
11/30/18 10:06 a.m.

We had a good trip to Road Atlanta and back. Well, other then the freezing rain when we stopped in Elizabethtown, KY.

Had a good day at the MVP event down there. My buddy who lives south of Atlanta came up with his 302 swapped XR to run in the advanced group. I still play with the novice group. I also got to chase another buddy in his Lotus 7 with a Honda K24 motor in it.

So after this day, I'm adding a Autopower roll bar with 5 pt harnesses, moving my battery to the rear and installing a larger radiator and oil cooler. Speaking of harnesses, does anyone know if you can add a anti-submarine belt into a BRZ seat?

Georges1991
Georges1991 New Reader
9/20/19 3:26 p.m.

Far southside of the city here (103rd/Vincennes) love to meet some of you guys sometime!

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
9/20/19 4:12 p.m.

You're not far from me at all.  Most of my trucks are out in Frankfort or Lockport (my driveway barely fits a Wrangler), but I live in Oak Lawn.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/5/19 10:00 p.m.

I'm further south than both of you guys, but there are a few grmers around. We should try to get a Meetup going. Id love to race some carts this winter.

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
10/5/19 11:14 p.m.
Robbie said:

I'm further south than both of you guys, but there are a few grmers around. We should try to get a Meetup going. Id love to race some carts this winter.

I'm definitely down for karting.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/6/19 12:36 a.m.

My last trip to the indoor cart track almost killed me.

Can't wait to go again.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/6/19 9:54 a.m.

Yeah I went there one night as well and loved it. I've been considering trying to find a league or something to improve my driving skills.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
10/6/19 4:43 p.m.

I'd be down for it.

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
10/6/19 6:03 p.m.

Me too!

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
10/9/19 12:18 a.m.

Just throwing out there, that the Morris car show is this weekend. I will be judging as usual, but if anybody wanted to meet up, let me know. There is a huge swap meet there, so if you’re looking for parts it’s a good place to look.

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/9/19 7:56 a.m.

That's a great show and swap.   I'll see if my daughter wants to go.

GPz11
GPz11 Reader
10/9/19 8:24 a.m.

I'll be at the Lemons race at Gingerman otherwise would be out there for the show.

At least the weather looks good except for a bit chilly.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/9/19 8:27 a.m.

I'll be at the Lincoln Way High School Marching Band Competition.  Only three Saturdays left and then next year.  

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
10/13/19 9:12 a.m.

Headed to the swap with the family now.  Not sure how long we will stay. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/15/19 6:54 a.m.

How was the swap meet guys? I was busy working on my house and cars literally all day Saturday and most of Sunday so I didn't have time to sneak over.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7vlm30WgvtEQXVp3BoooKBUOkbMPRtsjOOyveLnTDnEfAcn3qu2TqAziincFJS8A