Gettingoldercarguy
Gettingoldercarguy New Reader
9/30/22 11:52 a.m.

Fall is fast arriving and I need to get a good mountain drive in before things go all rainy here in the PNW.  I've secured time from parental duties in the coming week to have some fun.  How does this drive look?

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
9/30/22 11:59 a.m.

For some reason the link does not work for me. 

Jesse Ransom
Jesse Ransom UltimaDork
9/30/22 12:08 p.m.

It's got a bunch of extra stuff besides the URL pasted into the link field, starting with "Shared route from Leif Erickson Trail..." I was able to see it by inspecting the source in the browser but I still couldn't copy it and stopped short of hand-typing the URL cheeky

EDIT: Also, nice work on availing yourself of the waning days of the gorgeous PNW summer; I always fail to do that and by November I'm beginning the slow descent to madness in February.

Gettingoldercarguy
9/30/22 1:24 p.m.

In reply to Slippery :

Sorry, I'll try to fix it

For the best route in current traffic visit https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZhSfVrnKAL4pZ2fR9

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago UberDork
9/30/22 3:49 p.m.

Might want to take Cornell up to skyline to NW McNamee, and take that to Burlington than running up 30. It's a prettier drive than the highway. 

thatsnowinnebago
9/30/22 3:52 p.m.

Or better yet, stick to skyline until you get to Rocky point Rd, and take that down to 30. 

Gettingoldercarguy
9/30/22 3:57 p.m.

Yeah, I live right off skyline so that's an easy correction.

thatsnowinnebago
10/1/22 2:24 a.m.

In reply to Gettingoldercarguy :

Oh perfect. Skyline is way more interesting than 30. Low speed limit but it's pleasant. 

Gettingoldercarguy
10/1/22 5:35 a.m.

In reply to thatsnowinnebago :

Yeah, I have a loop I'll drive down and back up the hill with some wicked twisties mixed in it and am not gone for more than an hour.  It's a wonderful drive.

ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter)
ae86andkp61 (Forum Supporter) Dork
10/1/22 2:10 p.m.

Looks like fun. 47 South out of Vernonia is fun, too!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
FU2wYlph5X0XPCSZ1mptUMhOLZ8KFTemWJmGFhSFXjY0nWKKK4X1sb1I2J1KW3Vk