Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/21/23 1:07 p.m.

Obviously most of you know by now that the GRM family has a lot of really nice folks.  I recently had to make a trip to Gainesville FL.  Dyintorace heard about it and invited the Purple Frog Racing gang to stop buy and tour his shop, say hi, and look over two of his current projects.  He was a gracious host, and provided great local dining suggestions.  Good stuff.  yes

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/21/23 1:19 p.m.

Gainesville was good for me. I spent five years there, left with my veterinary degree and a wife. 

we planned for a family vacation there the week after Christmas. Everybody had fun, except me. I was home sick.My wife and I are talking about a weekend trip there soon without the kids. 

3/21/23 1:34 p.m.

50+ plus years after graduating from FSU it is still difficult to handle all the orange and blue... but I am learning to be more accepting of different cultures.  wink smiley

At least Hogtown is not as infested with politicians and lobbyists.  And the "Top" restaurant is a great dining experience. yes

Shands is great!

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
3/21/23 2:30 p.m.

In reply to Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) :

I got a degree from UF, and have great respect for the the university as a teaching and research institution. As for the sports aspect, I don't care. I didn't join the cult. 

edit: forgot to ask, what's the "top restaurant"?

3/21/23 3:26 p.m.

Google "The Top" in Gainesville.  We loved the menu, the atmosphere, the vib.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
3/21/23 4:33 p.m.

It was my pleasure to host you! I only wish you were closer so I could leverage your aircooled motor knowledge much more thoroughly! :D

And I'm glad you enjoyed The Top. It really is a Gainesville treasure!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
e0DtOqx0HZiq88fkReZumghZblCp2OPSNiNWccRMNeOCJKYVuk32by7qtFDuSELB