Jay_W
Jay_W Dork
6/4/16 5:49 p.m.

I had occasion to go this route, in Montana between Great Falls and Glendive. I coulda just stayed on I90 but my satnav piped up and said "Dude! I90 is boring! Get off here and go on MT200, it's shorter!" and I'm like "o yah" and it's all "sure go for it" and so I did. Well from the interstate to Great Falls is nothing special but after that, it's fast car Nirvana. Hundreds of miles of sweepers, canyon runs, and then over the rise and down into valleys where you can see for miles and there aren't even driveways for intersections. I am quite certain had I been driving something dull and slow it would have added half a day to the trip but if you have something (reliable... this is howling nothingness, this is) with long legs, this is some of the best Italian tuneup tarmac I've ever seen and I've done a lot of time in places like Nevada and such. PS my odo said it took something like 48 miles off the trip. Efficient this ain't. However, epic this is...

Antihero
Antihero Reader
6/4/16 10:34 p.m.

I'm in bozeman now and can attest to i90 being boring.....plus the road is oddly. . red sometimes instead of Gray or black

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
6/14/16 7:23 p.m.

We drove Route 2 across the whole state of Montana. I love those slower routes.

Antihero
Antihero Reader
7/25/16 10:16 p.m.

Got a chance to drive from missoula to sandpoint on mt200. It was waaaaayyyyy more enjoyable than 90

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lkC3xgb5MTr8SeIrHpkzlaNr0nPkIg4o8X2S9fYwELp4er878744yLHA3W9TwULb