wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
7/4/22 10:20 a.m.

Once again, Mr Cutclif has made me an offer I can't refuse, and I'm headed up to Chicago to pick up this:

It is a Speedwagon model 14' car hauler, and yep, I Can't Fight This Feeling Anymore, I'm heading up the 22nd of July (subject to change, of course. In short, I believe It's Time For Me To Fly, so I'm Going to Take It on The Run.

Ahem...bad puns aside, I've got my truck in proper nick:

, the job is OK with me taking a day off, and things seem to be collapsing into place. Robbie was good enough to store this for way too long while I got my excrement in a pile-Thanks, Man.

So, it comes to this: I've got an empty 8' truck bed leaving Oak Ridge, TN (outside Knoxville) on the 22nd, rolling in to Chicago late that night, or the next morning, and headed South the 23rd, maybe 24th of July with the aforementioned 14' car hauler.

Does anyone need some stuff to migrate? I'm planning a shot straight up I-75, and straight back down, but likely have time for small detours. Who needs what?

wae
wae PowerDork
7/4/22 10:34 a.m.

I don't need anything moved, but if you take I75 through northern KY feel free to stop in and sample some brown liquor!  If there's anything that needs a waypoint on the relay, I can provide a landing zone.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) PowerDork
7/6/22 7:07 p.m.

In reply to Wae:

I do like the bourbon. Are you up near Bardstown? We made it through there a few years ago. 

gumby
gumby Dork
7/6/22 8:57 p.m.

I also don't need anything moved, but you will pass within 10mins of my place near Indy. You are welcome to stop north bound or south.
If it is northbound, I have an A/C compressor that can go to Robbie which I have failed thus far to make happen, but will eventually, I swear.

I wish I had something that needed to come north.   I need an excuse to see the truck.

wae
wae PowerDork
7/6/22 10:09 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) said:

In reply to Wae:

I do like the bourbon. Are you up near Bardstown? We made it through there a few years ago. 

Nah, I'm up the road a few miles, basically almost to Cincinnati.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fpxNO9ZttEZ2dQEtz9oGKa7frNoTsINEIdvWvKPMxkmq61f6J7gyQUj5Lu6SPxiV