300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
3/9/19 6:28 p.m.

What’s up with the Mitty this year, I saw that Classic Motorsports is not going to Road Atlanta, but HSR still has the Mitty up on website. Anyone ??

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/9/19 7:42 p.m.

The race event is going on, but CM is not doing the infield event. Hard to say what it will look like because that was basically their gig. I suspect there will still be a lot of interesting cars show up out of habit at least. 

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
3/10/19 9:45 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Well, that’s certainly a bummer....was really looking forward to a return trip......

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
3/10/19 9:45 p.m.

Is CM doing something else ??

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/11/19 7:22 a.m.

Magazines :)

They do have a Monterey kickoff party, but it’s a much smaller scope than the monster that was the Mitty. They’re moving away from running big events to concentrate on the publishing AFAIK. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
3/11/19 9:57 a.m.

The Mitty is by easily my favorite event at Road Atlanta -- I'd hate to see it become as lightly attended as HSR's fall event here.

300zxfreak
300zxfreak New Reader
3/11/19 5:40 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

Well, Monterey is definitely out of my range of travel these days, Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, etc., are perfect, but west coast is out for sure. My brother and I had a ball last year doing the Chattanooga to Road Atlanta tour, and we were all set to do it again this year, drat.

Marjorie Suddard
Marjorie Suddard General Manager
3/11/19 7:44 p.m.

Yeah, sorry guys, but Keith has it right: The Mitty and associated tours had grown to be serious stressors on our small company, and we needed to step back and focus more on core business.

We haven’t stopped doing events entirely, but we are concentrating on our own, where we can control the pace and demands, rather than partnerships like The Mitty.

Still wish HSR the best with the weekend—but have to confess  it will be a relief not to worry about the springtime weather at Road Atlanta this year.

Margie

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
3/15/19 6:05 a.m.

I am planning on being there, not sure how the infield activities will go but turn 2/3 will be active as usual.

Bradlee
Bradlee New Reader
3/20/19 9:00 p.m.

What about the skidpad challenge?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/21/19 9:00 a.m.

I think that was 100% the GRM/CM crew.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RFTG0nstCXmWVOaoQW1btu5poVCBSz1EPJwfnbYsppos154AOcMpxbtU2MqnM2D4