Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
11/13/22 11:48 p.m.

I bought a single axle trailer a year ago up in Goodfield Illinois and it's still there. I've been going through chemo treatments etc. and it's been too difficult for me to drive up and back. Goodfield is located in Central Illinois and it's destination would be near Athens Georgia. Any suggestions?

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
11/14/22 6:10 a.m.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling poorly.  As a cancer survivor who has also seen family members go through chemo, my heart goes out to you.

Is the trailer roadworthy?  And what size/weight is it?  I may be able to bring it down for you around the holidays if you could cover fuel.

For reference in case anyone else is interested, Goodfield is just outside of Peoria, about 2 hours SW of Chicago.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
11/14/22 4:43 p.m.

Thanks, this is my second round of chemo. Five more to go in the next four and a half months. That's why I have slowly faded from this forum for several years.

Anywho, it's a very light little single axle trailer that I bought to pull my X1/9 and Boxster (1,700 and 2,300 lbs.) Except the Boxster would need some narrow stock tires to squeeze it on. It's entirely roadworthy with nice heavy duty tires. I would be more than happy to throw in more than just gas money.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/14/22 8:47 p.m.

Maybe we can set up a GRM Express, scoop up the other parts, load up the trailer and deliver the whole thing?

11/15/22 5:37 a.m.
Appleseed said:

the other parts

I'm a bit out of the loop.

What other parts need to be picked up?
And where are they?

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
11/15/22 5:42 a.m.

Can't help with the trailer but can help with positive support for a fellow GRMer. I hope you beat the E36 M3 out of cancer. 

11/15/22 5:44 a.m.
Hasbro (Forum Supporter) said:

Thanks, this is my second round of chemo. Five more to go in the next four and a half months. That's why I have slowly faded from this forum for several years.

Anywho, it's a very light little single axle trailer that I bought to pull my X1/9 and Boxster (1,700 and 2,300 lbs.) Except the Boxster would need some narrow stock tires to squeeze it on. It's entirely roadworthy with nice heavy duty tires. I would be more than happy to throw in more than just gas money.

Okay, sounds like it may be too heavy to pull with the wife's Prius, but I can certainly pull it with the Dajiban without issue.  (Was trying to save you on fuel costs.)  Either option is totally doable for me.   You can hit me up at Vintage Daily Driver (no spaces) on the googlemachine's cloud based mail service so we can set this up if you're interested.

Keep fighting, and if there is anything else you need don't hesitate to let me know.  

11/15/22 5:45 a.m.
OHSCrifle said:

Can't help with the trailer but can help with positive support for a fellow GRMer. I hope you beat the E36 M3 out of cancer. 

Indeed.    Kick its ass.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
11/15/22 11:18 a.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Thank you so much for the kind words. This round has not been nearly as brutal as the first round and actually feel pretty good. I'm not yet able to work on cars but that's my goal.

Hasbro (Forum Supporter)
11/15/22 11:19 a.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Thank you thank you. I'll get in touch with you!!!!

11/16/22 1:30 p.m.

In reply to Hasbro (Forum Supporter) :

I found your message through the GRM system in my other email address. However, the message I sent to email address you included came back as undeliverable.  

I can call or text (call would probably be easiest) the number you provided in the email, but I am not sure what your schedule is, or if you can talk for long periods on the phone.  If you could reply here, I will be watching the thread for your reply.  (No need for any personal information, just let me know call or text, and when you are free)

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MwXjlWgFaV5L7KcL9vQFlgAu02CQpvMfyNZnoccOTAVJfr7tJmOO7Ou0m6FsQ0JZ