Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
10/5/16 1:37 a.m.

Conrad hit the 2016 SCCA RallyCross National Championship in Indianola, Ia over the weekend.

Arriving for tech on friday...

photo 20160930_181701.jpg

He met some fans, took some photo opportunities, and got mostly uneasy looks from the competitors.

Hanging with his peeps...

photo 20160930_144547.jpg

Conrad and I made a short film from some of the footage we took:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/6jlhTson9ZE

Hope everyone enjoys... We are still processing photos and videos so there is more to come!

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/7/16 6:42 a.m.

Great video. It was nice meeting you in person.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
10/7/16 9:14 a.m.

In reply to EvanB:

It was great meeting you, knurled and the others too. It would have been great to spend more time with everyone, but I didn't want to horn in.

I am glad you enjoyed the video, I was beginning to worry no one was going to find it.

I know most people at RXNATS looked at me like I was crazy, because they didn't understand what I was trying to do. However, being Conrad's camera-man is fun for me... it's the challenge of figuring out how to get the shots and angles I want with the limitations of the surroundings and Conrad himself.

Hope to see you again next year!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
10/20/16 1:23 p.m.

LOL oh man that video is hilarious

Kylini
Kylini HalfDork
10/20/16 2:04 p.m.

Oh dear... yeah, I probably shouldn't have narrated that tire change.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
10/20/16 3:36 p.m.

In reply to Kylini:

Aw, I hope you don't regret it... it was awesome! I loved the sound effects, and I especially like the look on Jim's face... the "I have no idea what is happening right now" look

I was really impressed with how everyone did 'off the cuff' in one take. I really do appreciate everyone playing along.

Plus the video doesn't have /that/ many views... So you guys are still pretty much safe

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
2/22/17 5:10 p.m.

That rules. Thanks for sharing.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
2/22/17 5:35 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens:

You are welcome, but really it was made for the GRM group

Conrad and have been busy, he helped me change the timing belt on the wife's A4 and we tried to go ice racing the other weekend, but the ice was to soft and it got cancelled. We have some good road trip footage from that though, so I hope to have more posted soon.

David S. Wallens
2/22/17 5:36 p.m.

Post away!

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
2/22/17 5:49 p.m.

Will do! But in case you haven't seen them, there is some newer Corvette related Conrad vids in my build thread from the past month or two. If you just can't get enough snarky road cone

David S. Wallens
2/24/17 10:16 a.m.

We love the snarky road cone.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
2/24/17 2:53 p.m.

Well if I get the Lincoln built, he will probably come with us to the 2017 challenge to heckle.. err, I mean 'encourage' the competition.

lrrs
lrrs Reader
1/26/18 6:19 p.m.

I had not caught this one before and from a view count of 43, it looks like a lot of others here have missed it also.

"Burritos are tasty.....Yea"

Conrad and the Yellow car CV joint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig-YXnwkqKE

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
1/26/18 6:21 p.m.

photo 20160930_144547.jpgDid Conrad get any more details about this FiST?  Inquiring minds want to know! 

FooBag
FooBag Reader
2/8/18 2:16 p.m.

In reply to pinchvalve :

It's the 2015 PF champion car, owned by Greg Cheney. He's easy to find on the book of faces and I suspect he'd be willing to share details. He got 4th in 2016 & 7th on 2017.

Madhatr
Madhatr Reader
3/11/18 8:41 p.m.
lrrs said:

I had not caught this one before and from a view count of 43, it looks like a lot of others here have missed it also.

"Burritos are tasty.....Yea"

Conrad and the Yellow car CV joint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig-YXnwkqKE

Hmmm I had not thought of posting that here.... although I should have. laugh

We have a bunch of footage from stuff we did last summer that needs to be finished. But apparently I need to hold down a job, and Conrad gets distracted easily. Lol.

Im glad you enjoyed!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
h4eHpSwXtY7zYf6srqil6ijXFn5ErXnTwCcTRWhGqMZLMFelaUTIQQKx2OgpHP56