QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo MegaDork
3/29/17 11:34 a.m.

I propose a side trip en route to or from (both?) The Challenge through the RT129 "Tail of the Dragon" region. Maybe select a few roads and cruise our Challenge or Street cars around for a bit like proper hoons.

What does the hive think?

DraggingTheDragonOuttaSeason

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
3/29/17 12:18 p.m.

I second that emotion, Trust me though It will be Beautiful that time of year, Meet up in Helen Ga. For their Octoberfest,then head north, awsome Idea. Hotel rooms will be tough to find but lot's of camping around the Headwaters of the Chattahooche, again Beautiful, trees changing, Mountains, it is awsome. if it looks like it can get some support I will do some Leg work to try to put togeather a meet up area and some rooms if needed

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/3/17 6:59 p.m.

Having just returned from the Fiat on the Dragon trip, I agree. I want to see all the 129Slayer photos of all your hooptee cars buzzing thru the curves.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
4/3/17 8:08 p.m.
Jerry wrote: Having just returned from the Fiat on the Dragon trip, I agree. I want to see all the Killboy photos of all your hooptee cars buzzing thru the curves.

Ahem...fixed that for you.

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
4/4/17 8:20 a.m.

In reply to crankwalk:

Interestingly it seemed like 129Slayer or maybe someone with a similar name had 3-4 different photographers working, we saw one Killboy. (I was a little busy steering/shifting/braking, and didn't really plan to buy this year anyway since it would probably look exactly the same as last year.)

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
4/4/17 8:53 a.m.

Im game. But after, as i don't wanna break the car on the way to the challenge.

Huckleberry
Huckleberry MegaDork
4/4/17 9:22 a.m.

I'm not going to the challenge but riding around NC/GA/TN in October is always a good idea. If this actually comes together I'll two-wheel it down the Blue Ridge and over the Cherohala for a night or two in a campground/motel.

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
4/5/17 1:03 p.m.

yes after the show would be better but sunday could be tough to do.most of us will have 1000 miles or more on us by then, and W.E. traffic will be gone on Monday also sunday nite rooms would be easyier to find. Let's keep this thread bumped up.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo MegaDork
4/5/17 4:02 p.m.

I agree Sunday night in Robbinsville and Challenging Them Thar Hills after that

GTXVette
GTXVette HalfDork
4/6/17 2:11 a.m.

Where the hell is robbinsville.

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo MegaDork
4/6/17 2:57 a.m.

Robbinsville, NC. Smack dab in the middle of nowhere

It's a little town on the southern end of 129.

GeorgiaFieroClub
GeorgiaFieroClub New Reader
8/20/18 9:08 a.m.

Bringing an old thread back to life, for those of you who'd like to Do The Dragon, see the Georgia Fiero Run For The Hills thread.  September 14, 15, and 16.  If you want to join us, we've arranged discount rates at the MicroTel in, 81 Allman Road, Franklin, NC.  $90.12 per night including all taxes.  You must request Georgia Fieros rates.  Jessica is the contact person.  

No entry fees, but donations accepted for The American Cancer Society.  

Question?  Contact us at GeorgiaFieroClub@Gmail.Com

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GMCL8SfI3VEOs25sl3cxSYyTft12cH0dmUMJG80VESvDl5p1D65R3nJquufVZMiy