Foam Away the Dirt

Date May 22, 2018

Written by David S. Wallens

A clean car is a happy car, but getting it to that state isn’t always pleasant-especially if you’re juggling a bunch of soaps, sprays, sponges, brushes and wipes. The folks at Robertson Racing claim to have a quicker, more streamlined approach to car washing with their Foam Power system.

Simply fill the provided tank with water, add 7 ounces of Foam Power cleaning solution, and pressurize the tank with the built-in pump. Then the tank easily dispenses a steady stream of foamy goodness.

Robertson Racing recommends covering your entire car with the foam, then simply hosing it off. For really crusty areas, they suggest using a soft brush along with the foam.

We gave the Foam Power kit a try and found it to work amazingly well. No scrubbing or brushing was needed–not even on brake dust–and it didn’t take much time or water, either. Oh, and that 7 ounces of cleaning solution was enough to make two cars and a motorcycle sparkle. (We also successfully used Foam Power around the house, including the bathroom.)

Robertson Racing
(570) 994-8731
robertsonracingllc.com
MSRP: $51 (Basic Starter Kit)


Join Free
Join our community to easily find more news.

Reader comments:

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan SuperDork
May 23, 2018 11:28 p.m.

Would totally buy but as an apartment dweller the hosing down part gets me as always.smiley

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
May 25, 2018 12:34 p.m.

A garden sprayer and some soap for $50, sounds totally reasonable.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
May 29, 2018 3:59 p.m.
Toebra said:

A garden sprayer and some soap for $50, sounds totally reasonable.

It's not regular soap.   Snark all you want, but the stuff works. 

alfadriver
alfadriver MegaDork
May 30, 2018 1:59 p.m.
Joe Gearin said:
Toebra said:

A garden sprayer and some soap for $50, sounds totally reasonable.

It's not regular soap.   Snark all you want, but the stuff works. 

I think the real question is- where can you get the soap ONLY.  Garden sprayers are super easy to find locally, and cheap.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
May 31, 2018 9:37 a.m.
alfadriver said:
Joe Gearin said:
Toebra said:

A garden sprayer and some soap for $50, sounds totally reasonable.

It's not regular soap.   Snark all you want, but the stuff works. 

I think the real question is- where can you get the soap ONLY.  Garden sprayers are super easy to find locally, and cheap.

Right here:

Robertson Racing -- Foam Power

Tim Suddard
Tim Suddard Publisher
June 4, 2018 6:09 a.m.

I tried it too and am now using it everytime clean teh ramp truck or have an engine compartment or new project car to clean up before working on it.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
June 4, 2018 11:56 a.m.
alfadriver said:

I think the real question is- where can you get the soap ONLY.  Garden sprayers are super easy to find locally, and cheap.

Interesting. 

 

I replied to this post with a price quote on the soap, $12.95 a quart, or something, not looking it up again, and this morning my post is gone. 

 

Guess I should just stay out of the sales pitch threads.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
June 5, 2018 1:50 p.m.
Toebra said:
alfadriver said:

I think the real question is- where can you get the soap ONLY.  Garden sprayers are super easy to find locally, and cheap.

Interesting. 

 

I replied to this post with a price quote on the soap, $12.95 a quart, or something, not looking it up again, and this morning my post is gone. 

 

Guess I should just stay out of the sales pitch threads.

Weird....... if you are curious about the pricing for just the soap, check out my above thread with link.

Toebra
Toebra HalfDork
June 14, 2018 3:35 p.m.

Not that weird.

 

Henceforth I will just stay out of threads with the sole purpose of selling something.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
June 15, 2018 9:46 a.m.
Toebra said:

Not that weird.

 

Henceforth I will just stay out of threads with the sole purpose of selling something.

This thread was started to inform you about a product we've used and had good luck with.  If you buy it or not.....that's up to you.  You  may prefer to wash your car as you always have, and that's fine.  A big part of what we do is to inform our audience about new products, and that's what we've done here.   

You'll need to log in to post.

The Latest

What Is the Best Race Car of all Time?

1 day ago in Articles

With so many options from all forms of racing, which car deserves to be called the best of all time?

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Turbo Midget

1 day ago in News

This modified MG Midget for sale has a turbo.

5 Unique Ford-Powered Cars

3 days ago in Articles

We visit classic car dealer Craig Brody to sample 5 unique Ford-Powered sports specials.

A Legend Laid Bare: The Very First Shelby Cobra

6 days ago in Articles

At the Wheel of the Very First Shelby Cobra, a Priceless Piece of History That Begs to Be Thrashed

Off Our Rockers, New Sills for This Old MGB

1 week ago in Articles

One of the most common places rust materializes on British and Italian sports cars is down in the rocker panels—also ...

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: A Mini Born to Battle Goliath

1 week ago in News

Honda power and all-wheel drive. This modified classic Mini Cooper has it all.

Now You Can Buy a Brand New Shelby Daytona Coupe Straight from Peter Brock

1 week ago in News

Ever dreamed of owning your own Shelby Daytona Coupe?

Our Preferred Partners

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
gksz87Vu2vM3W0SfAKjnJIQJVQLlWGUt