Feb 13, 2015 update to the Tornado Typhoon project car

Patching the Nose

The nose on our Tornado required some pretty major surgery.
The area in green primer shows the effected area. First we straightened what we had and then remade the three round tubes at the front of the frame where the nose mounts.

As we got into the fiberglass work it quickly became apparent that our Tornado had been hit softly in the front. We would need to not only fix the nose, but also rebuild the frame where the nose mounts. Fortunately, once we measured the frame, it was completely straight, except for the area where the nose mounted. This would be a fairly easy repair.

The fiberglass nose, on the other hand, was a complete mess. Once we stripped it down further, we found evidence of really bad repair work which had been hidden by years of Bondo and neglect, .

We had to actually pull the repairs out, cut the nose, raise the right fender, and properly redo the original repair.

Get all the latest of our classic projects in your mailbox six times a year. Subscribe now.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the CMS forums
Sponsored by

ebay

Our Preferred Partners
kg13QCXMKPm99ImSFF9MIWEfsNv9VAmSEnwt4to77VYRLUbTb0atd2sBBoqwqocd