Jul 8, 2014 update to the Tornado Typhoon project car

The Search for Tornado Parts at Carlisle

We knew for sure that if we were missing anything, we would likely find it at the Carlisle Import swap meet.
While we couldn’t find much in the way of English Ford parts, we did find all the lights we needed

We started rushing work on our Tornado Typhoon project car. We knew for sure that if we were missing anything, we would likely find it at the Carlisle Import swap meet. Good thing we did. When we compared pictures of our Tornado to those in a book that we found, we realized our lights were all wrong. That said all wrong—when it comes to building a special—is up for some debate. But in all the pictures we had, the taillights consisted of Lucas “Beehive” tail, brake and turning lights. These would prove to be easy to find, as they fit many British cars from the fifties and early sixties.

We also needed to find some more appropriate turn signal lamps up front. Again, our car had been built originally, or modified along the way, with some tacky turn signal lights up on top of the fender. We needed “Beehive” lights mounted in front of the headlights.

While we couldn’t find much in the way of English Ford parts, we did find all the lights we needed, as well as some great, shallow boxes to stack parts in as well as a few other trinkets.

Get all the latest of our classic projects in your mailbox six times a year. Subscribe now.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the CMS forums
Sponsored by

ebay

Our Preferred Partners
M4qaFO02yKOwiwEVcPRvuRQGl0xZO9S97dYgsGX2smDLgekZBK5bfMxh4naYYxXo