Jan 15, 2007 update to the Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV project car

Cover That Cell

A series of Z-shaped pieces of metal were bent in a sheet metal brake. These were then attached to the floor of the trunk.
A piece of cardboard was cut out and used as a template for how we wanted to cut the top cover.
The top cover was then attached to the side panels.
Wrinkle-finishing the cam cover.

This weekend, we fabricated a 20-gauge steel cover for the ATL fuel cell. We used a total of two 24x36-in. sheets of steel and used a sheet metal brake to form the sides. The cover was then mocked up in cardboard and cut out using a pair of air-powered snippers.

We also decided to take off the camshaft cover and make it spiffy-looking. We used a wrinkled black paint from Dupli-Color to give it an updated look. We used a hairdryer to force-cure the paint, which makes the wrinkling more uniform.

Join Free Join our community to easily find more project updates.
Comments
View comments on the CMS forums
Sponsored by

Classic Motorsports House Ad

Our Preferred Partners
B8lBSI7T9w7sSpVyeFwObrbcOXm3z1oc2ig4kYWfncHWNxamcOwTjmRzdsCQVSTd