1 2
EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/15/14 3:31 p.m.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/4716216232.html

NMNA, I would be tempted if it wasn't the ugliest year for them.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/15/14 3:33 p.m.

Someone prove to me that these are capable of NOT looking like dog E36 M3, and i might go get it.

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat HalfDork
10/15/14 3:42 p.m.

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat HalfDork
10/15/14 3:43 p.m.

Bumboclaat
Bumboclaat HalfDork
10/15/14 3:43 p.m.

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non HalfDork
10/15/14 3:44 p.m.
Bumboclaat wrote:

Unbelievable that a stripe kit can make that car look soo much better.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
10/15/14 3:45 p.m.

I always liked the coupes more than the liftbacks. Those rims should be worth some money for the Starlet crowd.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/15/14 3:51 p.m.
Sine_Qua_Non wrote: Unbelievable that a stripe kit can make that car look soo much better.

It's just because you can't see the front end.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/15/14 4:13 p.m.
JFX001 wrote: I always liked the coupes more than the liftbacks. Those rims should be worth some money for the Starlet crowd.

They didn't make Celica Supra coupes, though.

Otherwise i might actually like them.

JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
10/15/14 4:16 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote:
JFX001 wrote: I always liked the coupes more than the liftbacks. Those rims should be worth some money for the Starlet crowd.
They didn't make Celica Supra coupes, though. Otherwise i might actually like them.

The third gen coupes...

markwemple
markwemple Reader
10/15/14 4:18 p.m.

Absolute tank. (if the rust doesn't get to them) Didn't realize it had FI back then.

Graefin10
Graefin10 SuperDork
10/15/14 5:59 p.m.

I google imaged it and a good clean stock version is about as good looking as they get. So I put my thumb over the rear part of the roof and made a Celicamino out of it. Try it and see if you could drive it without a disguise.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
10/15/14 7:13 p.m.

it likely is worth more in parts....

it doesn't say it.... but** IF it is disc brake equipped... it is a highly sought after swap for higher powered AE86s....

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/15/14 9:53 p.m.

What can you actually do with these? Pretty much the same as mkii? Suspension options? Dump in a 7mge?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/15/14 10:58 p.m.

Evan, can you put eyes on this for me? Mostly concerned with rust and general roadworthyness.

The running issue i'm not super worried about I don't think, though I know absolutely nothing about this engine other than that it makes no power whatsoever. As long as it has good compression, fixing it should be pretty straightforward.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/16/14 7:15 a.m.

I can if you are interested.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
10/16/14 7:34 a.m.

Power wasn't an issue in mine. What was an issue was the fact that it ate headgaskets like bubblegum and cracked the head from overheating more than once. Also, check the rear discs - they have a screw-in piston that likes to seize up.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/16/14 8:04 a.m.

I'm going to take a look at it today on my lunch break.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/16/14 8:52 a.m.

Awesome! If you don't buy it, could you send me an email with what you find?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/16/14 8:53 a.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote: it likely is worth more in parts.... it doesn't say it.... but**** IF ** it is disc brake equipped... it is a highly sought after swap for higher powered AE86s....

Believe all Supras in the US have rear disc.

I also just realized i have a front pair of brand new Koni Yellows for this car sitting in my garage.

I have some really awful ideas for this car. Maybe this is a bad idea.

oldeskewltoy
oldeskewltoy SuperDork
10/16/14 1:08 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: What can you actually do with these? Pretty much the same as mkii? Suspension options? Dump in a 7mge?

I believe this Supra has a solid axle, where the MkII is IRS...

I'm also not sure that ALL the USA Supras came with the disc brakes... but this I'm less confident of...

A 7M should "bolt-in".... wiring - xtra. Do some measurments.. a 1J or 2J might be a nice improvement

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/16/14 1:26 p.m.

Turns out i actually have worse/better ideas than either a 7M or a JZ.

I think i could almost double the power of this pig and get it down to NB miata weight.

EvanB
EvanB UltimaDork
10/16/14 1:52 p.m.

I knew I was forgetting something, I forgot to check if it had disc brakes!

Email incoming with details.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
10/16/14 3:09 p.m.

It'll be a solid axle out back, and a somewhat skittish one at that.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
10/16/14 3:27 p.m.
oldeskewltoy wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: What can you actually do with these? Pretty much the same as mkii? Suspension options? Dump in a 7mge?
I believe this Supra has a solid axle, where the MkII is IRS...

I'm pretty sure that only the top o'the line MkIIs had IRS and the Supra L did not. The L didn't get the flares.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Birthdays
Our Preferred Partners
q6pieIslglAi8QS9lLCaUo0NB2Kw8oNQLiPcJT2ZRrnt3Ar3vZ9YuHtZzpRWvIsF